Employer reference: REF640N2
Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains.
- Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive.
- Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself.
- Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment and society.
- Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You’ll work hard but you’ll have fun too.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Analyst – Structured Finance to contribute developing and building the Speciality Finance (“SF”) lending activity for Shawbrook and support the achievement of targeted levels of profitability, return on capital, APE growth, and origination. Responsibilities include:
To assist with the origination of new to bank business in the speciality finance market, including attending market events and conferences, and building strong relationships with introducers and new to bank prospects.
To assist in the execution of new business facilities for UK based alternative/speciality finance companies, in contribution towards the Structured Finance Divison’s financial objectives. This will include attendance of due diligence days and preparation of credit papers which will include modelling as well as analysing and understanding the risks of new facilities from credit risk to market and regulatory risk, Assist in the legal documentation and execution process.
To assist with the transfer of new to bank relationships to the Portfolio Management team, who will manage the customer in life. Support the development of MI/ monitoring tools
Maintain and develop strong internal stakeholder network/relationships, e.g. Operations, Credit, Risk.
Support the development and well-being of other team members.
Develop high standards in assessing and mitigating risks as well as deal structuring, documentation and execution
Compliance with the Bank’s Risk Management Framework, including all policies and procedures. To include completion of mandatory training.
Maintain strong relationships with internal risk stakeholders.
Report all issues of regulatory concern through the appropriate channels. Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner.
- Report all issues of regulatory concern through the appropriate channels. Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner
- Quantitative Degree/CFA/MBA or similar business qualification or equivalent work experience appropriate to the role.
- Circa 2 years' experience in bank lending (to include structured finance, mid or large corporate or equivalent), securitisation or an analytical role within credit
- Some experience in executing transactions would be beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and elementary knowledge of VBA would be useful but not essential
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of cash flow modelling and an understanding of financial statements
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of the UK lending/banking market, credit products and bank lending practices
- Good customer service, presentation and negotiation skills
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done