Employer reference: REF847S
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for weddings and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
- To contribute in developing, building and managing Structured Lending lending activity for Shawbrook and achieve targeted levels of profitability, return on capital, plus balance sheet growth
- To manage and achieve a high level of credit quality and operate to high standards of risk management generally across Structured Lending, including operational and reputational as well as credit risk
- Responsible for managing existing clients, portfolio monitoring, risk reporting and analysis, stress testing, and analysis of transactions, portfolio risk management and providing support on new initiatives of the team
- Responsible for always maintaining and adhering to the Bank policies and procedures and providing supporting working with internal and external audit functions.
- To support the Senior Director with all aspects of the in-life management of the Healthcare and Renewables portfolios. You will be required to work collaboratively as part of a team, to ensure all client relationships are managed in accordance with the principles of the Structured Lending business model, procedures and best practice.
- To propose, negotiate and execute the following, for existing clients across the Healthcare and Renewables portfolios:
- Facility amendments (e.g., facility increases)
- Covenant waivers / resets
- In-life M&A activity.
- Actively manage ongoing exposures across a variety of Healthcare and Renewables clients, including:
- Monitoring the performance of counterparties ensuring monitoring trackers and call reports are promptly updated post receipt of monthly MI
- Analysing complex financial information, including statutory accounts; management accounts (incorporating cash flow analysis), budgets and forecasts (including sensitivity analysis) and Financial Due Diligence reports. Present insight and recommendations as required to Credit
- Undertake covenant calculations and look forward modelling and use these, combined with overall financial analysis, to identify concerning trends
- Undertake credit grading analysis and complete pricing models to help ensure the correct balance of risk and reward is maintained across the portfolio
- Ownership of Annual Reviews
- To consider and then act upon requested amendments, restructures, and facility enhancements; and to be alert for new business / expansion opportunities with existing customers
- To communicate and escalate potential issues / risks to Credit in a prompt and effective manner
- Participate in rolling out new strategic initiatives for Structured Finance, including compliance, regulatory and risk management oversight, and attend relevant industry events.
- Liaise directly with clients to deliver excellent customer service and added value.
- Leading and supporting transactions with the oversight and support, where
required from the Senior Director, while mentoring more junior staff.
- Undertake all ongoing due diligence, including KYC/AML.
- Quantitative Degree / CFA / ACA / ACCA or equivalent.
- Ideally able to demonstrate a minimum 5 years’ experience in structuring and executing lending transactions. An accounting background combined with structuring / execution experience is highly desirable.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of credit products and bank lending practices.
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, being able to manage and handle complex lending cases and issues.
- Experience with financial modelling and an excellent understanding of financial statements is essential.
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of cash flow lending transactions, including familiarity with legal documentation
- Compliance and governance experience will be advantageous
- Prior mentoring / line management experience will be advantageous
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of the Healthcare and Renewables sectors is beneficial but not essential
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done