Employer reference: REF728N
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
The Role & Responsibilities
To support the Director with all aspects of the in-life management of the Unitranche and Venture Debt portfolio. You will be required to work collaboratively as part of a team, to ensure all client relationships are managed in accordance with the principles of the SF business model, procedures and best practice. Key aspects of the role include:
1. Deal Execution
For existing clients across the Unitranche and Venture Debt portfolio; to propose, negotiate and execute:
- Facility amendments (e.g. facility increases)
- Covenant waivers / resets
- In-life M&A activity.
Role requires detailed analysis to understand the risks of existing facilities to ensure in-life credit requests are appropriately structured to meet the customers’ needs but also mitigates risks in such a way as to minimise Shawbrook's exposure. Candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end credit process, including negotiating with clients, writing of credit papers, presenting transactions to Credit Committee and completion, including liaising with external legal counsel regarding the preparation and negotiation of facility documentation ensuring this meets the requirements of the Bank.
2. Portfolio Monitoring / Servicing / Reporting
Post new deal execution, the candidate will be required to actively manage ongoing exposures across a variety of Unitranche and Venture Debt Clients. Management of credit stewardship are key parts of this role and include:
- Diligently monitoring the performance of counterparties ensuring monitoring trackers and call reports are promptly updated post receipt of monthly MI.
- Analysing complex financial information, including statutory accounts; management accounts (incorporating cash flow analysis), budgets and forecasts (including sensitivity analysis) and Financial Due Diligence reports.
- Presenting insights and recommendations as required to Credit.
- Undertaking covenant calculations and look forward modelling and use these, combined with overall financial analysis, to identify concerning trends.
- Undertaking credit grading analysis and completing pricing models to help ensure the correct balance of risk and reward is maintained across the portfolio.
- Taking ownership of Annual Reviews.
- To consider (and then act upon) requested amendments, restructures, and facility enhancements; and to be alert for new business / expansion opportunities with existing customers.
- To communicate and escalate potential issues / risks to Credit in a prompt and effective manner, including EWIs and Watch triggers.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and records as well as detecting errors.
- Consider market, macroeconomic and regulatory impacts on the portfolio and take necessary actions where appropriate, including updating relevant Risk Committees.
- Participating in the roll out of new strategic initiatives for Structured Finance, including compliance, regulatory and risk management oversight alongside attending relevant industry events. Focus on managing/overviewing portfolio performance and exposure against policy limits.
3. Client Management
To liaise directly with clients to deliver excellent customer service and added value. Attend client visits as required, drafting agendas and visit reports. Help to develop and maintain strong, multi-layered relationships with clients at operational and board level, maximizing client life and retention. Act as a key point of contact for clients and other internal departments to support customer service and risk management activities.
4. Team Management
Assist the Portfolio Management team, leading and supporting transactions with the oversight and support where required from the Director, while mentoring more junior staff on the deliverables of the Portfolio Management team. To relate effectively to the other parts of the Shawbrook group who play their part in the Structured Finance team output, i.e. Operations, Credit, HR, Finance, etc.
5. Regulatory & Compliance
Take the lead in undertaking all ongoing due diligence, including KYC/AML. Identify & report any compliance breaches, errors, and potential frauds. Report all issues of regulatory concern to Compliance. To communicate and escalate potential issues / risks in a prompt and effective manner. To provide support in managing and building out the overall compliance and risk management framework of SF.
Degree / CFA or similar business qualification or equivalent work experience appropriate to the role
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done