Employer reference: REF683M
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base. In Group Internal Audit, we care fundamentally about a successful Shawbrook, delivering brilliantly for our customers and colleagues.
We are on a mission to redefine the boundaries of internal auditing. Our strategy is to continue building an internal audit function that is fit for the future. We are doing audit differently to rise above traditional functions and embrace innovation, insight, and growth to build impactful ways of working. We are driven by the need to accelerate our contribution to the success of Shawbrook by powering up ingenuity to create opportunity every single day.
We are seeking a forward-thinking Manager who embodies these principles. In this role you will be an innovator, a pivotal player in the business and have a growth mindset. This role is suited for someone who is motivated towards providing assurance and advisory to achieve great outcomes for customers and who can contribute in a fast paced and complex business.
We work in a flat structure. On a day to day basis you’re fully empowered to deliver assurance and advisory agile reviews across a broad range of exciting projects. This means you will have engagement with senior stakeholders who will be relying on your outputs to help deliver on Shawbrook’s strategic objectives. Although you will be owning the execution of these reviews, you will be supported by our product owners, data science team, coaching and our ways of working with a clear development programme to elevate you as a professional.
Your professional ability will be instrumental in navigating complex questions, applying innovative solutions and providing assurance and advice over emerging challenges. If you are a Manager with a gift for business communication and a passion for nurturing team capabilities, we invite you to join us on this transformative journey with us.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assurance & Advisory Execution: Responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of agile reviews and opinions across a broad range of topics to provide timely quality insights.
- Ways of Working: Leading agile assurance product delivery processes by integrating innovative methodologies, challenging the status quo, and leveraging data to drive impactful outcomes.
- Adding Value and Engagement: Cultivating and nurturing relationships across the Bank, understanding the nuances of our business model and pinpointing key areas where we can deliver exceptional value.
- Agile Leadership: Driving the assurance programme through agile methodologies, ensuring flexibility, efficiency, and focus on what matters the most for our customers and colleagues.
- Data-Driven Insights: Embracing the potential of data science to advance assurance and advisory processes, deriving deep insights and foresights that influence decision-making.
- Team Development & Mentorship: Playing a pivotal role in fostering the growth mindset within our team, nurturing their capabilities, and steering their professional evolution.
- Post Review Validation: Leading and exercising judgement in the issue assurance (closure) process.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively participate in continuous development and improvement of internal audit methodology and tools, seeking out leading practices and challenging existing working practices through experimentation.
We think you’ll be a great fit if…
- You are a professional with a good background in risk or product development preferably gained in banking or financial services industry and you’re are seeking a new challenge to be part of a growing and innovative team.
- You have specific experience. Whilst we cover all risks, would we would welcome applications from anyone with a good background and are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience in areas of Technology, Cyber, Project and Change.
- You have a clear understanding of risk and controls and how this fits into risk, governance and control frameworks in highly regulated industries such as financial services.
- Innovating mindset: Your approach to assurance and advisory, such as agile outside of IT, is geared to deliver more efficiently and drive down the time to contributing value to the organisation.
- Business Proficiency: Your approach demonstrates a deep-seated understanding of an organisation’s business model, complemented by established relationships and the ability to discern and communicate what genuinely matters.
- Leveraging Data: You already have the (or willingness to develop) competence in data analytics and data science tools, translating vast data into actionable, meaningful, and business-relevant insights.
- Excellent Communication: You exhibit exceptional ability to communicate intricate findings in business-centric terminologies, making insights accessible and actionable for stakeholders at all levels.
- Growth & Team Player Attitude: You have a lived philosophy of collective success. You understand the co-operative growth of the individual and the team and champion adaptability, resilience, and collective triumph.
More generally the candidate who will thrive in this role at Shawbrook will be open-minded, have an appetite to learn, to challenge and be challenged, flexible about the way things get done and approach the role with an appetite to grow and develop.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done