Employer reference: REF788O
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for weddings and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
The Cloud Engineering Team are a key part of the Banks future vision. We are already playing a fundamental role in modernising the Banks infrastructure as we seek to migrate all our workloads onto the Cloud over the course of the next 2 years. We assist the business in advising and guiding them with Cloud Migrations, new platform deployments and 3rd party Cloud engagements. This is followed by delivering deployments of business applications to the Cloud.
As part of the Cloud Engineering team, this role will focus on working to deploy, migrate and manage the Shawbrook Cloud Platform on Azure. This will involve working on business projects to help design and build systems on Azure, using IaC with Ci/CD best practice principles in order to help the bank move towards DevOps. We are working on delivering cutting edge cloud technology for the bank as we scale up, modernise, and migrate all of our systems.
During this period of migration, which is expected to last ~2 years, there will continue to be some small requirement to help build, manage and support the current On-Prem infrastructure systems. This will involve general Windows domain system admin
This role will be part of a very strong team of other Cloud Infrastructure Engineers, who will also be continuing to support the on-Prem platforms.
This team are working to help transform and modernise the tech-stack at the Bank. As a member you will:
Using modern IaC "automation-first" CI/CD pipelines:
- Work to help build new and migrate old, Shawbrook systems, onto the Azure Cloud platform
- Working with your team lead on projects to help define, design and deploy Cloud infrastructure
- Ensure all Cloud Infrastructure is built to Shawbrook’s defined standards such as coding, logging, alerting, security and Cloud (Industry) best practice
- Working as part of the Cloud Infrastructure team to design long term Cloud Strategies for the Shawbrook Cloud Platform
- Build new pipelines to build and test new Cloud Infrastructure, including testing of IaC Using Terraform and Azure DevOps
There will be some (relatively small) ongoing admin and support for the On-Prem systems, including backup management, patching and project resource requirements. This will include (but not be limited to) Windows Server OS, MS AD Domain management, Exchange, SQL server, VMWare Windows Server Admin (hardware and software in all cases)
- Minimum of 4 years’ (recent or previous) strong experience working with Windows server platforms and networks to a high level of proficiency
- Scripting skills using but not limited to PowerShell, Azure CLI. IaC provisioning with Terraform
- Cloud knowledge of Azure, with ARM templates and ideally Terraform • Understanding and experience with deploying, managing, and securing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS based cloud systems. Desirable experience with Containers and K8s especially AKS
- Knowledge of deployment strategies around IaC, CI/CD concepts and understanding
- Strong knowledge in the following areas: SQL, Clustering, Hardware server design, VMWare, and virtualisation of infrastructure; backup strategy, design and implementation
- Experience of working in the financial services industry, in particular Banking
- Understanding of core security design patterns for Server and network infrastructure including Firewalls, Group Policy, Domain user management such a RBAC, encryption, key and certificate management; especially how these translate to modern WoW in a more automated DevOps approach
- An eye for detail, and desire to do things right the first time
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done