Employer reference: REF792S
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
Key point of contact for Enterprise Franchise (1 LOD) at Group Compliance (2LOD).
Supporting Enterprise Franchise through any regulatory engagement cases working collaboratively with Group Legal and, where applicable, external advisers and other stakeholders.
Attending senior risk management governance meetings for Enterprise Franchise, to provide oversight and challenge.
Providing the Director of Compliance & Ethics with regular updates on compliance matters relating to Enterprise Franchise, including on emerging risks or incidents.
Ensuring continuous awareness of regulatory change developments and providing guidance on the interpretation of a wide range of regulatory requirements and their practical application to internal policies.
Providing advice relating to the remediation of regulatory risk events and compliance breaches in relation to Enterprise Franchise.
Maintaining effective relationships with key senior internal stakeholders within Enterprise to ensure that the key aims of the Bank are achieved.
Promoting best practice and being a key advocate of Compliance.
Flexibility in supporting the Compliance team. The team has a broad remit, and it may be necessary at times to take on additional compliance responsibilities.
Strong experience as a compliance professional within a regulated organization.
Strong understanding of regulated and unregulated activity in relation to all business areas of Enterprise Franchise (this would include strong knowledge of SME lending, commercial real estate, MCOB, the regulatory perimeter and its application to unregulated business).
Track record of providing advice to senior stakeholders on regulatory or compliance matters.
Track record in building strong and constructive relationships with senior management.
Works in partnership to achieve goals.
Develops strong working relationships with senior management colleagues.
Inspires respect, trust, and commitment to business objectives with well-developed leadership and people management skills.
Demonstrates sound business/professional judgement through strength of character, independence of thought, risk awareness and good values and behaviours.
Works well under pressure and can prioritise and manage multiple and complex projects simultaneously.
Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of management, including the regulators, senior executive meetings and committees of the Board of Directors.
Strong influencing skills with the ability to package and present ideas and gain agreement at a senior executive level.
Able to approach complex matters with pragmatism and develop practical solutions.
Shawbrook is committed to providing opportunities to all candidates and understand that not all candidates may possess a qualification or education aligned to the role. We will assess each candidate on their individual experience and skills, and not solely on level of education.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done