Employer reference: REF737V
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the Execution of consumer loans to policy in a timely, efficient and consistent manner
- Using the companies and industry's processes and policies to evaluate the customer’s credit needs along with risk and exposure
- Underwrite referred deals to the level of the agreed mandate and within agreed SLAs
- Maintain knowledge of the company and industry policies and processes and products
- Investigate potential frauds/PEP/BoE matches (Pass to Compliance)
- Refer applications to higher mandate holders where necessary
- Management of the verification process for individuals
- Decision checks - Formal monthly review of decision sample
- Manage customer and partners complaints and escalate where necessary
- To identify areas of improvement in relation to the customer journey
- Dealing with retailer and customer product enquires via telephone and furnishing them information in answer to their queries and to deal with complaints in accordance to the complaints policy
- Relevant commercial banking/lending experience
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Knowledge of TCF
- Good knowledge of compliance procedures within the regulated mortgage industry.
- Reading of financial accounts, valuations, and credit searches.
- Ability to develop an analytical and pragmatic approach to underwriting
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done