Employer reference: REF735I
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
The Role & Responsibilities
To contribute in developing, building and managing the Real Estate (RE) lending activity and achieve targeted levels of profitability. To originate, propose, negotiate and execute loans £5m+ To achieve a high level of credit quality and operate to high standards of risk management generally, including operational and reputational as well as credit
Responsible for developing relationships with customers and brokers seeking finance for large or complex lending opportunities. The RM will need to expertly structure financial proposals in line with bank risk appetite and present good quality credit papers for approval to senior stakeholders across the business. They will own the customer journey from application through to completion whilst providing a high level of quality service throughout.
Work closely with the ‘sales’ and distribution teams to support sourcing opportunities to work with professional real estate investors. This will include both intermediary sourced clients and direct to bank client opportunities.
The RM will need to have experience with negotiating complex facilities and structures which may include working with other lenders on joint ventures.
Work in collaboration with the Portfolio Management providing ongoing customer support throughout the life of the loan.
The role requires a highly pragmatic and service driven approach while co-ordinating involvement from internal and external stakeholders such as lawyers, valuers, 3rd Parties.
While the role does not require a Credit Mandate, the RM is the first line of defence in protecting the bank from exposure to risk and ensure regulatory compliance where applicable.
1. Structure new loan applications for both new and existing customers to present to Group Risk for approval and manage through to completion.
2. Build successful working relationships with external contacts such as intermediaries, customers, surveyors and solicitors as well as internal teams such as administrators, credit risk and finance to ensure all case requirements are satisfied prior to release of funds.
3. To effectively oversee a large pipeline of cases through to completion, ensuring adherence to both company service standards and lending policy.
4. Effectively manage client relationships and working with our business development teams to drive new applications.
5. Working closely with our risk management team to ensure vigilance in detecting early warning indicators, taking any action as appropriate to protect the bank.
6. Work closely with our intermediaries when routing new business opportunities, ensuring our clients receive best advice.
7. To embrace the principles of treating customers fairly, consumer duty and responsible lending in all decision making.
8. Feedback key market intelligence including knowledge of competitor activities.
9 Maintain and build relationships with non-panel intermediaries and industry professionals to identify sources of new business.
10 Work with the non-performing loan (NPL) team to ensure that watch list cases are escalated as appropriate. Provide assistance to the NPL team as required.
11. Assist with the development and promotion of marketing strategy, including attendance at key intermediary and client events.
12 Arrange and undertake face to face client interviews/meetings.
- Expertise and deep understanding of complex corporate lending structures for Professional Real Estate Investors, (i.e. REIT’s, Trust Structures, Offshore vehicles).
Experience in preparing and presenting good quality credit proposals to senior stakeholders
An excellent understanding of mortgages and the financial services market
Must have experience in a client facing role
Seasoned experience in dealing with customers and introducers and providing them with high levels of customer service
Experienced Mortgage credit assessment and a good working knowledge of underwriting and support process.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done