Employer reference: REF810R
Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains.
- Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive
- Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself.
- Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment and society.
- Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You’ll work hard but you’ll have fun too.
The Role & Responsibilities
We’re seeking an experienced Delivery Support Manager to be a part of the next phase of our product and technology transformation journey. The role reports to the Director of Delivery and has responsibility for providing centralised financial and resource management support to our Product, Project and Programme change teams.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with stakeholders in our Finance and HR functions, ensuring that delivery teams have access to up to date and accurate financial information of historical activity to support forward looking resource planning. You’ll also support senior management with risk monitoring and reporting for change initiatives and product teams across both CPO and CTO.
Using your previous experience in a PMO or similar function, you’ll be adept at collating financial and accounting data to compile and maintain an accurate and up to date view of cost forecasts, accruals and actuals for use by delivery teams. You’ll also be able to leverage this data to provide meaningful and actionable MI for use by senior management and stakeholders for reporting and planning purposes.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proactivity, attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset. You’ll always be on the lookout for opportunities to simplify, automate and optimise and will be able to point to previous examples and the benefits they brought.
The responsibilities of this role mean that you will need have strong financial modelling experience and be an advanced Excel user for analysis and data visualisation, ideally also with experience with VBA and using related tools from the M365 suite such as Power BI.
- Management and maintenance of financial models for CPO and CTO change functions.
- Proactive monitoring and optimisation of budgets, anticipate and escalate issues e.g. budget shortfalls.
- Supporting Delivery Managers and Programme teams with forward planning and budgeting e.g. annual budgets.
- Monitoring and reporting of accounting data. Reconciliation of actuals against cost forecasts and optimisation of cap-ex allocations.
- Work with Delivery Managers to ensure timesheet reporting is accurate and complete.
- Collation of risk data from Delivery Managers and upward reporting on defined risk metrics for change initiatives.
- Producing visual and written reports, dashboards and other MI for key stakeholders to understand budget situation at any given time.
- Timesheet system administration (joiners, movers, leavers, reporting).
- Previous experience in a financial modelling, accounting or administrative role within a change function.
- Proficient in Excel, to an advanced level. Experience of Power BI and VBA are beneficial.
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial administration in a business context.
- Great collaboration with Finance and HR business partners.
- Experience working in a regulated sector, ideally financial services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done