Employer reference: REF761O
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
- To be the key point of contact for expiring term and short-term loan customers, providing a professional service in line with Purpose and Experience principals, policy and regulatory requirements
- To build, develop and manage relationships with our customers, learning about the customer’s loan account(s), businesses, and properties. Treating all customers in line with the conduct standards of the bank, with a view to encouraging repeat business and reputational referrals.
- To develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Product Switch and Loan Expiry Management Procedures and policies.
- To manage a pipeline of expiring cases in line with Loan Expiry Management procedures and policy. This will include working through daily workflow tasks to proactively manage expiring loans, contacting customers at the correct times to ensure there are suitable arrangements in place and loans repay on time.
- Understanding the banks policy in relation to term extensions, making recommendations for the authorisation of term extensions, working towards achieving a mandate to approve these.
- To instruct and manage mid-term visits for STL accounts in line with policy, including visit instruction, customer liaison and management of our asset manager relationship.
- To fully understand the customer’s journey from application to loan exit by building relationships with external brokers new business lending managers.
- To build extensive and expert knowledge of mortgage products, to be able to answer all and any questions posed by customers or their representatives on expiry management calls.
- To build successful working relationships with external contacts to include asset managers, service providers and brokers to ensure matters are dealt with swiftly and any issues are escalated to the senior CLO.
- To comply with company policy and procedure, meeting with SLA’s and escalating issues where necessary.
- To prepare appropriate analysis and provide recommendations for improvements to processes, products and customer experience.
- To always comply with the requirements of the regulatory regime within which the bank operates whilst ensuring the necessary documentation detailing strategies and policies are updated.
- To work with the Business Support and Collections and Recoveries teams for hand-offs of defaulted mortgages.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Candidates will have a good educational background with proficiency demonstrable in Maths and English
- Proven track record of customer management and relationship development
- Knowledge of TCF in the banking industry
- Thorough knowledge of the commercial mortgage, second charge residential mortgage and unsecured DCS business and experience of working to and implementing SLA’s
- Understanding and awareness of DPA and legislative requirements
- Able to work on own initiative and to contribute to the Customer Operations teams objectives
- Ability to build productive relationship with 3rd party contacts
- Excellent mortgage industry knowledge
- Good knowledge of applicable regulatory standards
- Competent in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to follow procedures and assess enquiries in line with prescribed procedure
- Reliable, Adaptable & flexible
- Excellent communication skills required including verbal and written
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Professional, approachable
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer-focused approach
- Pro-active and Self-Driven.
- Effective leadership skills, able to inspire and motivate
- Focused: Customer satisfaction is at the heart of what you do
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done