Employer reference: REF768P
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers
The Role & Responsibilities
Responsible for the co-ordination and supporting the delivery of governance related activity across the People function to ensure our polices and practices comply our with relevant laws, regulations and ethical standards.
- Processing of colleague Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) ensuring these are submitted, logged and processed in accordance with internal policy and strict external timelines. Work with the HR Governance Manager to escalate complex matters to external legal advisers when required.
- Support the Partnering Team and HR Governance Manager with escalation of complex ER matters, with proper application of Policy and Case Law.
- Support the Head of Reward, HR Governance Manager and Reward Manager with activities surrounding people related SMCR (regulatory) matters, notably the Company’s ongoing compliance with fit & proper and FCA Register related activities. Required to liaise with the Compliance teams and other colleagues when required.
- Co-ordinate annual vetting processes for SMCR and enhanced risk roles alongside the third party processing team. Escalate any adverse findings to the appropriate persons and liaise with the individuals to ensure timely completion of the process.
- Support the HR Governance Manager in informing wider People function of changes to employment law and internal processes to ensure we remain compliant with legislation and internal governance.
- Co-ordinate activities associated with Right to Work including Visa' sponsorships. Will be required to communicate with our external support advisers, resourcing team and manage colleagues/stakeholders expectations.
- Identify, research and co-ordinate opportunities to enhance process controls, policy and benefits across the People function and work with key stakeholders to implement and embed these.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all processes within the function, liaising with stakeholders to ensure accuracy and consistent application.
- Responsible for maintaining the policy exceptions log and risk event register and taking forward any remedial actions.
- Support HR Governance Manager with internal audit collation and actions.
- Establish methods for recording key information relating to governance activity such as ER matters and collective consultation thresholds.
Shawbrook is committed to providing opportunities to all candidates, and understand that not all candidates may possess a qualification or education aligned to the role. We will assess each candidate on their individual experience and skills, and not solely on level of education.
A fast paced and rapid change environment which creates opportunity to learn, grow and make a difference.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about doing the right thing, a keen interest in process and controls evolution and a high level of attention to detail.
Building relationships internally and externally to gather, analyse and share information is key to the success of this role.