Employer reference: REF764T
Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains.
- Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive
- Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself.
- Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment and society.
- Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You’ll work hard but you’ll have fun too.
The Role & Responsibilities
Infrastructure Services are a key component to all systems within Shawbrook. They are responsible for all underlying Servers, Storage, and End User Cloud technologies.
The team comprises Engineers, Senior Engineers, and a lead, working closely with all areas of the business and technology delivery teams.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you would be required to complete tasks around BAU and projects, work with the team on various technologies and provide documentation and training for transitioning a project into BAU.
- Design, implement, manage, monitor, and support infrastructure environments
- Work with project teams to understand business requirements and make necessary adaptations
- Identify potential and emerging technologies relevant to innovation to improve product offerings
- Continuously monitor and evaluate security, providing ongoing recommendations and reporting and issues when appropriate
- Perform a regular system maintenance (change management) with minimal impact to the operation
- Act as technical liaison between internal departments
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to deliver projects
- Participate in design, implementation and execution of backup and disaster recovery
- Administer Active Directory, Single Sign On (SSO), and Federated Security configurations
- Utilize Agile and KanBan Processes and Principles
- Monitor production, outputs, and services to ensure SLA’s and other metrics are met
- Create and update a project documentation to effectively explain architecture design concepts and solutions to various levels of stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and provide full-cycle incident response (mitigation, correction, prevention)
- Previous Wintel engineering roles
- Cloud (Azure and/or AWS) (desirable)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Working within demanding and diverse user base
- Industry and regulatory awareness for banking environments (Desirable)
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft technologies
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done