Employer reference: REF725G
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
The Intermediary Oversight Executive will be responsible for the delivery of all new broker accreditations, undertaking periodic reviews, de-accreditation of brokers, daily and quarterly data reporting and other adhoc tasks and supporting the Intermediary Oversight Manager.
This role will entail updating, maintaining and authorising Broker details, with robust levels of due diligence and critical challenge, as well as undertaking conduct reviews and third party audits where required. The role will also assist the Intermediary Oversight Risk Manager with ad hoc projects and business enhancement requirements.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- A good understanding of the commercial mortgage and /or Commercial Finance sector
- A good understanding of mortgages and the financial services market
- Experience in dealing with customers and introducers and providing them with high levels of customer service
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment and in a small to medium sized organisation.
- Computer literate (strong knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Good knowledge of compliance procedures with the mortgage industry
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused approach
- Ability to work towards and deliver on agreed performance targets
- Thrives in a busy environment
- Excellent telephone skills
- Self-motivated and delivery focused (able to work with minimum supervision)
- Able to multi task
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Needs to be a team player & have a willingness to share ideas & success to help the team.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done