Employer reference: REF772Z
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
You will work as a trusted advisor with line managers across the business providing support, advice, coaching and guidance on all employee relations matters and our policies and procedures to ensure a fair and consistent approach for all. You will proactively coach line managers to build a self-service culture whilst continually reviewing and recommending process improvements enable a seamless experience for all our colleagues.
Key Role Responsibilities
• Advise and support line managers on all aspects of employee relations including performance management, absence management and disciplinary and grievance processes.
• Coach and educate the employees and line managers as to how they can support themselves and develop their confidence through HR Hub self-service, AskHR and other HR systems
• Work closely with the People Partners to support on any strategic initiatives including reorganisations, talent planning and acquisition.
• Support delivery of line manager training on key people policies
• Work closely with the askHR team, to support, advise and coach on management of key HR processes within the Employee lifecycle including policy queries.
• Support the HR SMEs and People Partners with the delivery of any cyclical HR activities, including EDI and Engagement, Performance & Compensation Planning
• Identifying opportunities for improvements and automation of HR processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of HR team, whilst ensuring the employee experience is consistent across the business
• Day to day management of HR approvals related to workflows within HR systems and ensuring OD and people data is accurate and timely.
Skills & Experience
• Proven HR generalist with demonstrable expertise in all aspects of Employee lifecycle and Employee Relations activity.
• Experience of working in a fast paced environment with strong focus on customer outcomes
• Desirable to have financial services experience
Shawbrook is committed to providing opportunities to all candidates, and understand that not all candidates may possess a qualification or education aligned to the role. We will assess each candidate on their individual experience and skills, and not solely on level of education.
• Builds strong and trusted relationships and able to communicate with and relate to people at all levels of the organisation
• Proactive, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Demonstrates resilience and able to stay calm and work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail and methodical in work practices
• Discreet, diplomatic and able to handle sensitive information in confidence
• Strong team player
• Adaptable & flexible
• Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
• Values in line with Shawbrook values/culture
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done