Employer reference: REF888D
Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains.
- Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive
- Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself.
- Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment and society.
- Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You’ll work hard but you’ll have fun too.
The Role & Responsibilities
We want product management at Shawbrook to be informed by a thorough understanding of our customers' needs. We have a wealth of data from which we need to derive meaningful actionable insights. This requires an interrogative approach to analytics: we are not simply monitoring and reporting figures, we are running exploratory data analyses, generating testable hypotheses, and building datasets and visualisations which help us towards provably better customer outcomes.
Unlocking the potential of our vast array of datasets is no small task. As we scale and migrate data to cloud based systems, we work with a lot of interlinked systems, all with their own nuances and complexities. The product analytics team at Shawbrook are responsible for aligning with data engineering to provide clarity on how we ultimately need our data; and also for helping product managers to access the data they need in the meantime. This requires a strong technical focus, for sifting through database tables; great communication and networking skills, for getting help from subject matter experts across the business; and confidence, patience, and resilience, for working in a complex system which is in a state of flux. The benefit of this, is that the job is diverse, full-filling, challenging, and no two days are the same.
- Helping to shape the data landscape for Product at Shawbrook. Working within the Product data team, defining, building, and documenting our Product Canonical Data Model
- Pulling data from source systems into our data platform, and modelling it in a way that supports the product data team objectives and workstreams
- Advocating for high quality standards and controls in how we access, move, store, interpret, clean, govern, and organise data. This will require a pragmatic approach to where we are now, and an optimism and growth mindset for focussing on where we can be next.
- Collaborating with a wide array of departments - Product, Engineering, Risk, Finance, Compliance, etc - to ensure that our data standards are shared, adopted, and celebrated to ensure a consistent quality across the bank. Bringing a tenacious attitude, but pragmatic point of view, always with the end customer in mind.
We think you’ll be a great fit if…
- You have exceptional communication skills and are comfortable in a range of situations: moderating technical discussions, presenting to groups, and nurturing a collaborative ego-free culture among diverse areas of the business.
- Experience with Azure, including a knowledge of serverless Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Data Lake
- An understanding of how to extract data from disparate sources such as APIs, databases, and object storage
- Ability to extract data from complex data structures, such as non-relational document objects, XML, HTML and parquet files
- An understanding of how to deploy python modules, with appropriate email integration and error handling/logging
- Experience with version control and releases of features / products into a regulated production environment. Knowledge of Unit Testing, Integration testing and linting best practices.
Nice to have:
- An understanding of how to design data marts
- Experience with cross language data transformation with an understanding of when to use SQL, Python and Spark
- An understanding of how to create and implement YAML pipelines to deploy python modules, with appropriate email integration and error handling/logging
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done