Employer reference: REF704U
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
This role sits within the first line of defence team within the Enterprise Risk function, with a key objective of providing oversight and challenge across the Real Estate business. Working alongside colleagues who will be undertaking Control testing, the role will support the reviews across ‘groups of controls’, together with emerging issues or topics of focus as identified by Enterprise Risk Committee and business heads. Actions plans will be put in place to close any identified weaknesses or gaps, supporting on the design of any solutions to address these gaps. The role holder will add value to Real Estate and Enterprise, working with our business partners to drive and sustain results at a local level.
This is a key role within Enterprise Risk function, reporting to In Life Oversight Senior Manager, the role holder will act as a business partner to the Managing Director of Real Estate and other key stakeholders, representing Enterprise Oversight and Control across Real Estate. This includes stakeholder management, governance and effective communication.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Take a lead role in the Oversight team, supporting the In Life Oversight Senior Manager in delivering the overall plan. The role will help provide effective oversight, collaborating with business heads, Head of Oversight & Controls and the Enterprise Risk Director.
- Accountable for delivering reviews for Real Estate across ‘groups of controls’ together with emerging issues or topics of focus as identified by the Enterprise Risk Committee and business heads.
- Liaise with Controls team to understand persistent fails in controls for Real Estate. Work to ensure these fails and findings from reviews are addressed with stakeholder. Ensure action plans are in place to address root cause of these fails, together with supporting on the design of actions to ensure these will be effective.
- As part of this, support a continuous improvement culture by promoting the identification of opportunities to improve/re-engineer and simplify processes.
- Achieve a balance of oversight and adding value with stakeholders and their teams. This requires a supportive approach which helps drives improvements. Take personal responsibility for achieving these results through business partnering.
- Produce high quality reports/presentation packs for sharing with key stakeholders. Maintain a full audit trail with clear records to support review conclusions, stored in accordance with the bank’s records management conventions. Present findings and recommendations to the relevant risk forum
- Provide support to ensure wider team’s and division’s objectives are met, including any ad hoc projects as required.
- Support in coaching and developing of the Oversight analyst
- Build a strong, collaborative working relationship with colleagues & stakeholders, promoting a positive risk culture.
- Contribute to building a successful and high performing team e.g. through sharing best practice and supporting each other. Be practical, personal and creative.
- Real Estate product expert
- Proactive and articulate individual, with experience of managing stakeholders at different levels of seniority.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience and influencing skills
- Financial Services Experience desirable, with strong sector and product knowledge
- Successful track record of achievement with business review related responsibilities
- Managing risk and controls
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done