Employer reference: REF885C
Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains.
- Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive
- Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself.
- Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment and society.
- Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You’ll work hard but you’ll have fun too.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Senior Delivery Manager to join the team supporting technical change delivery in our Enterprise Franchise
This role sits at the intersection of the Product, Engineering and Design disciplines within Chief Product Office function, and will work closely with Product Managers, Delivery Managers (Scrum Masters) and business stakeholders to plan, organise and implement technical change to both internally developed and third party software systems.
The successful candidate will have a proven background in technical change delivery with strong servant leadership skills and demonstrable experience leading groups of cross functional delivery teams across multiple business areas at the same time.
They will be expected to mentor and share their skills and knowledge across the team and support delivery by applying agile and hybrid project management principles within defined governance frameworks in a regulated environment.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Manage budget and resource planning activities in the six to twelve month timeframe and support senior management with long term, strategic planning.
- Provide leadership support, coaching and guidance to on the ground teams delivering software development using agile and hybrid development methodologies.
- Support teams with collaboration and enable them to align and interoperate well with each other and with supporting disciplines in other areas of the organisation e.g. Cloud Engineering, Data Engineering, Corporate Technology.
- Ensure project team leads are practising the core principles of collaboration, prioritisation, team accountability, and visibility.
- Update project tracking systems to provide transparency on delivery progress.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution and foster a culture of psychological safety, engagement and collaboration.
Empower the teams to self-organise and recommend improvements and drive the implementation of changes and improvements in best practice.
- Previous technical background in a related discipline such as a Project Manager, Delivery Lead or Scrum Master.
- Practical understanding of all aspects of the software delivery life cycle.
- Demonstrable experience employing agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.) and, ideally also waterfall or hybrid models.
- Previous experience leading groups of teams delivering successful enterprise software development or implementation initiatives.
- Ideally experience of running geographically distributed and/or dispersed teams and distributed agile delivery.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills including exceptional client facing/consulting skills
- Will have their own opinions about how to build great software and be prepared to defend them.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done