Employer reference: REF883M
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
The key purpose of the role is to provide Shawbrook Bank with in-house Independent Monitoring Survey / Bank Monitoring Surveyor expertise for the Shawbrook Bank development finance and Speciality Finance portfolios.
The role will contribute to effective management of the Development Finance & Speciality Finance portfolios.. Overall objective to ensure high standards of risk management and early identification of issues that may impact a development (project delays and cost overruns; compliance with planning stipulations and regulations; external market factors which may impact developments).
The role requires in-depth knowledge of the development finance market with first-hand experience of the preparation of IMS reports or working as a QS on residential developments.
Key Role Responsibilities
- For complex and higher value new to bank deals, working closely with the Development Finance Origination team to provide advice on all aspects relating to the development pre-funding.
- Once funded, provide in-house advice on those development deals which may be off-track or seeking further extensions to loan maturity.
- Advise on problem loans or exit names – in these situations working closely with the Non-Performing Loan team.
- Undertake periodic reviews on a sample of performing cases, across a range of IMS firms, to ensure all timelines are being met in accordance with external IMS reporting and/or all issues identified by the portfolio manager, together with specific focus on the quality of the IMS report
- Providing training and coaching across the Development Finance team.
- For those customers within the existing Speciality Finance portfolio who are involved in Development Finance – provide greater focus and oversight of the underlying deals which form part of our borrowing base / security.
- Maintaining and developing contacts with external IMS / QS firms – ensuring these advisors are challenged appropriately and following instructions and terms of engagement, together with supporting the on-boarding of new IMS firms.
Experience working with a cost consultancy or Chartered Quantity Surveying practice, as an Independent Monitoring Surveyor or Bank Monitoring Surveyor. Ideal candidate to have knowledge and experience of development finance from the perspective of a lending bank.
- Candidate will have IMS and/or QS experience. Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or another RICs accredited construction degree qualification.
- The role requires in-depth knowledge of the development finance market with first-hand experience of the preparation of IMS reports or working as a QS on residential developments
- Strong analytical skills, including good knowledge of Excel, being able to manage and handle complex issues.
- Good commercial awareness of the property / development finance market.
- Excellent team player, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build rapport with individuals/stakeholders at various levels of the organisation, both internally as well as externally.
- Influencing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of management, external advisors and committees.
- Adherence to bank’s policies, compliance with all regulatory requirements, remaining in good standing with regulatory agencies.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done