Employer reference: REF915T
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
Purpose & Scope of role
To effectively manage the SME Lending Payouts team to ensure all customer deals are processed in line with procedures and quality standards and within agreed timescales. Provide robust and effective controls for processes and be responsible for driving Continuous Improvement within the team.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Monitoring individual performance and team management on a regular basis addressing any development areas or skills gaps as required through coaching, training and performance management tools whilst ensuring the Training and Competence Framework is adhered too and fully auditable.
- Responsible for the documentation and maintenance of all procedures, controls and checks within team ensuring that these are executed effectively and attested. Where failure occurs remediate and report as required.
- Comply with all Shawbrook and external regulatory policies and procedures, and take reasonable steps to ensure staff do likewise (including GDPR and CCA Regulations).
- Monthly completion of Balanced Business Scorecards and Attestations to confirm correct controls are in place and being adhered to. If any issues found use RCA to ensure controls are effective or need updated.
- Effectively manage incidents and issues through to successful resolution.
- Ensure that customer centricity is at the heart of all decision making, embedding Consumer Duty principles into the culture and bring to life for colleagues into their daily tasks and roles
- Adhere to all HR policies and processes.
- Ensure the team are following correct procedure for HPI registration to avoid risk or loss to Shawbrook.
- Ownership of change and embed effectively within team.
- Review current procedures with team members and drive a culture of process improvement and efficiencies.
- Always act as a role model of the Shawbrook values and lead the way in encouraging others to do the same.
- Compile management information, analysing the data to identify trends and initiate corrective steps to improve team performance and service levels.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement to deliver market leading customer and colleague satisfaction (Peakon).
- Knowledge of Hire Purchase and Leasing
- Proven ability to foster a culture of continuous improvement within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and driven by process improvement
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude and a proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent decision making skills
- Computer literate (good knowledge in MS Office suite – Excel, Sharepoint)
- Ability to work in a changing environment requiring adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to build effective relationships and provide updates at all levels.
- High levels of drive, energy, and personal commitment to success.
- Constantly challenge processes and look to improve.
- Create an experienced and strong team to support our customers.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done