Shawbrook is embarking on a number of change initiatives; ranging from smaller, tactical pieces to larger scale strategic change.
As such, the Enterprise Architect role is critical in the success of shaping and delivering these changes. Two key parts of the Enterprise Architect role include promoting ‘enterprise thinking’ within the bank (i.e. proposing options for shared initiatives and solutions across business units and projects) and contributing to the definition of the strategic enterprise architecture vision.
This specific EA role will be aligned directly to a transformation programme which will act as a launchpad for directing and building out the target state vision for the bank, including options selection and work package definition for key components within the technology estate.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Mature the target state vision within the context of the transformation programme
- Work with solution architects to ensure solution architectures align with enterprise architecture definitions
- Assess vendor and build options as appropriate
- Review and elaborate initiative scope, challenging as appropriate
- Attends appropriate committees/forums
- Ensures key principal risks are assessed and monitored, managed and controlled effectively aligned to the banks risk appetite
- Responsible for ensuring IT & change governance is followed
- Ensure the adherence to IT security policies, in accordance with Shawbrook’s risk appetite
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- Experience in designing complex solutions
- Experience working with commercial-off-the-shelf and bespoke solutions
- Experience in both greenfield and legacy environments
- Experience in decommissioning legacy systems
- Experience in business transformation programmes
- Excellent stakeholder management in a regulated environment
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Self- starter attitude
- Commercial awareness with an operational and strategic mindset
- Good sense approach in a transformational environment.
- Good sense approach to problem solving
- Creative thinking with sensible solutions
- Financial services experience desirable
- Ability to work comfortably across the EA spectrum (Business, Data, Application Technology domains)
- Designing solutions across a number of systems
- Systems integration (ESB, Microservices) architecture
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Exposure to CRM systems
- .NET experience desirable
- Knowledge of Devops practices desirable
- Ideally TOGAF certified
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer attentive approach
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure