Shawbrook are looking for a Relationship Manager to join our team based in London. As a Relationship Manager you will underwrite development lending applications in line with Shawbrook’s lending policy and to manage the application through to completion and repayment. You will also source development opportunities that fit within the bank’s lending appetite.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Be considered eligible for an Indicative offer mandate within 3 months of joining
- Ensure a good understanding of all the company’s policies, procedures and compliance guidelines, installing the principles in your daily practice to protect the company from any associated risks.
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to assessing and underwriting loans including annual reviews
- To understand and analyse key information such as credit searches, bank statements, financial accounts, property valuations and business appraisals in order to make informed lending decisions.
- To deliver high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in data input and all written communications produced.
- Arrange and undertake face to face client interviews/meetings
- Able to develop a credit rationale for cases and communicate your findings to property division management/credit risk division for their consideration.
- To develop successful working relationships with external contacts such as brokers, customers, surveyors and solicitors as well as internal teams such as administrators, credit risk and finance to ensure all lending requirements are satisfied prior to release of funds.
- To effectively manage a large pipeline of cases through to completion, ensuring both company service standards and the lending policy is complied with throughout.
- To deal with all internal and external telephone & email enquiries efficiently and within company standards.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the ongoing strategy and procedures for long term client management
- Ensure annual review process is documented and reported to group credit
- Understanding and delivering the brand values of the bank
- Effectively manage introducers and clients maintaining the relationships and driving more business from these sources
- Feedback key market intelligence about competitors as well as both positive comments and improvement areas for the bank.
- To identify and recruit new introducers and clients from a broad mix of commercial sources such as specialist brokers, mortgage/loan brokers and financial advisors.
- To embrace the principles of treating customers fairly and responsible lending in all decision making.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- Experience of recently holding a mortgage lending mandate within a banking environment, lending in various asset classes across property development, residential, commercial and semi-commercial
- Working knowledge of the UK property market and specialist knowledge of the assets the bank lends into
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate policy across the commercial division
- Experience of making lending decisions on complex applications
- Ability to interpret financial accounts & valuation reports
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to explain rationale for decisions
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback and clear development requirements
- Ability to document performance related information in a clear and concise manner
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to interpret financial accounts
- Computer literate
- Working knowledge of TCF
- Knowledge of FSA regulation
- Adaptable & flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer attentive approach
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure