Business Intelligence Developer
Shawbrook is a specialist UK savings and lending bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products. At 31 December 2017 our total lending reached £4.9 billion and we have now raised more than £4.4 billion in customer deposits.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive, stable returns and sustainable growth, and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer needs.
Provides finance to the specialist residential investment and commercial property mortgage market and to professional property investors and SME owner-occupiers. Second charge mortgages to consumers.
We primarily finance business critical assets operated by established UK SME and healthcare businesses. In addition, we provide facilities to smaller UK financial institutions through wholesale and block facilities.
Consumer lending operates through relationships with major home improvement firms, in-store and online retailers, carefully selected holiday ownership companies and loan broker partners.
We employ over 750 staff.
Develop new requirements in data visualisation tools to support data analytics estate within data team.
This role is a key hire in embedding an analytical culture across the Bank and provides great exposure to the bank's services.
• Develop, design and support UAT of BI reports and dashboards based on user requirements.
• Gather specifications for data and report requirements.
• Effectively translate end-user reporting requirements into functional design documents.
• Development of operational reports and dashboards with focus on business data insights.
• Maintain and support QlikView/ Power BI environments.
• Understand and be acquainted with Shawbrook QlikView/Power BI infrastructure, applications & data models.
• Support the divisional and functional teams with data analytics requirements in QlikView/Sense.
• Any other duties as requested that may reasonably be expected of the post holder.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience of developing QlikView/ QlikSense reports in a financial environment.
• Experience in data analysis, reporting, warehousing and modelling.
• QlikView version 11 upwards
• Strong analytical, interpersonal & communication skills
• Adaptable & flexible.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Accuracy & attention to detail.
• Professional, well presented.
• Established effective working relationships at all levels.
• Customer focused approach.
• Within reasonable commute to Shawbrook Brentwood offices in Essex
This role is an SB4 on Shawbrook's internal banding system
1. Initial Screening by Internal HR
2. Telephone interview with Potential Line Manager
3. In Person interview with Potential Line Manager & Lead Developer (Technical)
4. In Person interview with Head of Data