Shawbrook are looking for a Software Developer to join our team based in London. In this role you will be working as a full stack software developer in partnership with the business to provide continuous system improvements and deliver projects. Ensuring that quality standards are met and that a delivery-focused approach is applied throughout.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Code system amendments/enhancements as per specifications (modules/ user interface/reports/web services/windows services).
- Test system amendments/enhancements made by self and others in partnership with QA resources.
- Documenting of system amendments/enhancements.
- Database design/administration in relation to system amendments/enhancements.
- Periodical review and enhancement of departmental software development processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of multi-user systems.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of both thin and fat client multiuser systems
- Must know and regularly use all steps of the software development life cycle (especially technical specification / code writing / testing).
- Experience in object-oriented designed systems needed.
- Experience in branch and environment management.
- Experience of liaising directly with users (both written and verbal) needed.
- Experience in C# .NET
- Experience in Web development (ASP.NET, Web API and Net Core and one of Angular2/React)
- Experience in Object oriented software design
- Visual Studio 2015 or later
- Experience in SQL Server 2005+/Stored Procedures/Triggers/Functions
- Broad knowledge of XML, WPF, WCF, windows services
- Awareness of VSTS and release management processes
- IIS 7+
- Automated testing techniques such as Unit tests
- AGILE and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Reporting tools (i.e. SSRS/SSIS)
- Broad knowledge of financial processes / savings deposit processing
- Cloud knowledge ideally Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Experience working as part of multi-disciplinary delivery teams working with agile methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict management and influencing.
- The demonstrable ability to think creatively to solve problems and reach successful outcomes.
- Experience working in collaborative, self-organising teams.
- Experience working with offshore and distributed development teams.
- Supervisory responsibility for a team
- Annual Performance Review processes
- Application of Shawbrook policies
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure