Treasury Operations Accountant
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a Treasury Operations Accountant to join our team based in our London office. As a Treasury Operations Accountant, you will manage financial risk arising from funding and banking requirements, ongoing financial analysis and evaluation of economic performance and will be involved in all treasury activities. This role will support the treasury function in ensuring the operational and accounting tasks relating to treasury are accurately performed and reported on.
- SME for the treasury management system, FIS Quantum, working closely with the business to design and create framework to support new asset classes, working with vendor on query resolution, upgrades and continuous improvement.
- Manage the post trade function: check trade input into the TMS, confirmations, rate sets, settlements and bank reconciliations
- Work with finance team to ensure correct accounting entries are being produced by the TMS, and where needed, post manual entries to record the BAU activity to support the trading activity.
- Work with the hedge accountant to ensure correct entries are posted to the ledger. On an ad-hoc basis, respond to queries, prepare reporting.
- Support treasury across wide range of asset classes: Interest rate swaps/floors, covered bonds, Bank of England scheme; TFS, ILTR, secured loans, subordinated loans, securitisation, corporate deposits
- Create and maintain process documentation to support daily tasks
- Perform cash management processes daily, ensuring correct levels of cash are held at relevant accounts.
- Preparation of month-end schedules to support the balance sheet; ensuring all accruals, assets and liabilities are recorded accurately.
- Preparation of reports for financial committee and senior management in accordance with regular timetables. Preparation of ad hoc reports and as when requested by line management
- Manage and provide training to staff
TECHNICAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Previous experience in the treasury operations function
- Has an excellent understanding of treasury operations, policies and practices
- Good understanding of the principles of risk management and compliance
- Good Microsoft excel skills
- Committed to excellent customer focus with a focus on quality output
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with all colleagues
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple pieces of work simultaneously
- High levels of drive, energy and personal commitment to results
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure.