Senior Financial Accountant
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our team based in our London office. As a Senior Financial Accountant, you will be responsible and accountable for the financial integrity of the bank. Ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and can be relied upon and providing appropriate management information. You will be a Key driver of Financial Control Change and Process Improvement agenda. IFRS9 and Treasury Operations will also be key responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have experience of working within a financial services environment with exposure to a lending platform. There is a high level of internal reporting required, as well as, exposure to external parties.
- Ensure all month end accounting entries are processed in line with timetable to ensure timely general ledger close and facilitate reporting.
- Month end processes including accruals, deferred income, accounting for commissions, clawbacks, ERC, interest income, IFRS9, etc
- Ensure that the bank maintains, financial controls appropriate to current and future developments
- Drive forward the financial control change and process improvement agenda
- Manage month end processes for acquired portfolios until they move to a BAU environment
- Target data integrity – i.e. ERCs, interest & fee checkers, completeness of income
- Oversight of treasury operations
- Manage the month end accruals process
- Preparation of audit information for external auditors and production of certain audit papers for audit committee.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with respective business areas and outsource administration supplier
- Responsible for providing daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- To update and maintain departmental procedure documentation
- Identifying areas within the system/process that can be improved and providing solutions.
- Provide training and supervision within the financial control team ensuring a high level of customer service (internal and external)
- Project and ad hoc work as requested
- Accounting qualification
- Previous experience in a similar accounting role
- Committed to excellent customer focus with a focus on quality output
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with all colleagues
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple pieces of work simultaneously
- High levels of drive, energy and personal commitment to results
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure.