Head of Renewable Energy Finance
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and people in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
Following on from a successful year we are looking to hire a high calibre leader to take our renewable energy finance business unit to the next level of its evolution. As the Head of Renewable Energy Finance, you will lead the business unit and establish Shawbrook as a principal player in this specialist market.
You will be responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of the renewable energy finance business unit, ensuring that it is operated on sound commercial and professional principles. Achieving its defined corporate goals whilst utilizing the business finance framework of prudent and effective controls which enables risks to be assessed, managed and controlled.
As the Head of Renewable Energy Finance, you will be accountable for the business unit P&L including; origination volumes, margin, fees, costs and bad debts and for overseeing originations, credit quality, business development, client servicing and marketing activities. As well as achieving compliance with regulatory requirements and the bank’s internal policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement agreed sector plan for renewable energy finance focused on maximizing the market opportunity and consolidating Shawbrook as a key player in this space. The primary focus is UK SME/mid-market activities in £2-20M transaction size range.
- Refine and develop associated risk, lending and operational policies and practices working in close collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
- Lead the origination efforts in identifying, negotiating and executing transactions that meet the agreed risk and economic return profile.
- Manage and monitor portfolio credit quality and ensure timely and appropriate actions are taken to mitigate risks identified - working closely with colleagues in risk and other functions.
- Lead and develop the team, in accordance with the bank's behaviours and values, to create a high performing environment.
- Ensure ongoing and regular monitoring of business performance with responsibility for the business unit P&L.
- Participate in the market through interaction with customers, industry bodies, professional advisors and other participants to ensure the bank's profile is maintained and enhanced in this sector.
- An experienced and highly credible renewable energy finance professional with excellent credentials and experience in a relevant leadership position.
- Excellent market knowledge of the UK renewable energy finance sector with deep understanding of the SME/mid-market segment - probably gained through roles in specialist project/asset finance at banks or other lending environments.
- Able to engage and articulate the strategic, financial and risk agenda at a senior level within the bank and with external parties.
This role is an SB2 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure.