Financial Crime Investigator
The Shawbrook Group is a specialist UK lender and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products. Due to a recent acquisition, The Mortgage Lender (TML) is now part of the Shawbrook Group, reinforcing TML’s growth plans with the strength of a retail savings franchise.
TML is a specialist intermediary-only mortgage lender that provides products and criteria that meet the needs of borrowers who are not served by the high street.
As part of this growth, TML are looking for a Financial Crime Investigator to assist in the day to day administration of all financial crime related tasks, ensuring that the requirements of the firms’ anti-financial crime policy are adhered to across all business areas.
- Review financial crime alerts and ensure that these are actioned in accordance with documented procedures and within agreed service levels
- Maintain detailed records of the investigation of all financial crime alerts and ensure outcomes are clearly documented
- Review and assess suspicious activity reports ensuring that all investigations are logged and the outcomes are clearly documented
- Assist in the production of key management information and reporting for monthly management information pack.
- Assist in the review of departmental processes ensuring that they are well documented, customer focused, efficient and up to date
- Actively contribute to achievement of departmental Key Performance Indicator’s (KPIs) and Treating Customer Fairly (TCF) KPI’s ensuring we maintain the ability to demonstrate we are meeting our TCF obligations
- Set high standards in relation to dealing with enquiries from other operational areas, demonstrating a desire and willingness to listen and take appropriate action when necessary
- Work closely with other teams in particular the New Business Team fostering a healthy relationship where challenge is the norm
- Review sources of industry guidance in order to keep abreast of changes which could impact areas under Financial Crime remit and provide recommendations to team leader on any relevant areas
- Support the delivery of Quarterly Fraud awareness news letter
- Support the delivery of Annual Fraud awareness training
- Take responsibility for maintaining own CPD (Continuous Professional Development) folder ensuring it is kept up to date
- Actively participate in department meetings ensuring minutes, actions and key updates are accurately recorded
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the secured lending or mortgage market, working in a similar function
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of current Anti-Money Laundering regulations and industry best practice particularly in relation to the UK mortgage market
- Proven experience of working with industry standard fraud prevention systems