Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join our growing Finance team. This is an ideal opportunity for an ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified or recently qualified Accountant who would be interested in a role within an organisation that offers flexible working, progression, study support and a competitive salary/benefits package. Whilst you would need to visit our Brentwood head office on a regular basis, we are embracing a hybrid working model which would allow the successful incumbent to work from home for the majority of time, if this would be of interest.
- Reconciling Loan books – Property mortgages, Residential and Consumer lending.
- Providing Input in IFRS9 Expected credit loss & EIR calculations and reviews.
- Providing technical expertise to the Financial Control team.
- Identifying & Implementing process improvements and to be an advocate for continuous improvement.
- Carrying out month end tasks including accruals, deferred income & control account reconciliations.
- Accounting for commissions, clawbacks and interest income.
- Reviewing reconciliations carried out by more junior staff.
- Liaising and maintaining good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Being aware of risks and reporting them as and when they occur.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries relating to the Property & Consumer business areas.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when to support the Finance team.
- Maintaining an oversight of the risk reporting requirements for Finance and ensuring completion of the relevant internal reporting.
- Completing account reconciliations and making sure aged items are dealt with and provide reporting when required.
- Keeping up to date any changes in process by updating relevant process documents
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified or newly qualified
- Able to demonstrate previous experience within a Financial Accounting function
- Awareness of GDPR requirements
This role is an SB4 within the internal Shawbrook banding structure