Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer.
- Work alongside an experienced Senior Data Engineer and have technical accountability for specific stages related to data projects such as ETL/ELT pipelines and data warehousing
- Investigate and understand emerging trends in data-related approaches, performing horizon scanning that present current and future opportunities for the Bank.
- Adopt and propagate standards and best practices for data integration at the level required for regulated industries / financial services companies. You know how to keep those standards up to date and
- ensure adherence to them.
- Develop the principles of data modelling and can produce, maintain, and update relevant data models for specific business needs including bespoke serialization techniques such as Avro and Parquet
- You can help define requirements, specifications and define test conditions. You can identify issues and risks associated with work while being able to analyse and report test activities and results.
- Technical Degree such as Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc
- Hands on experience working in Data Engineering and/or DevOps roles
- Proven implementations in code-driven (Python or similar) end-to-end Data engineering solutions using OOO with rigorous version control and testing
- Deep understanding of core Cloud Data Engineering technologies. The Bank uses Azure (SQL Server MI, Data Factory, Synapse), you may have other Cloud backgrounds with similar demonstrable depth
- Familiarisation with open-source orchestration engines (e.g. Airflow, Dagster)
- Financial services, or other regulated entity experience very desirable
This role is an SB3 within the internal Shawbrook banding structure