The Insights Manager will work within our consumer lending and savings business, covering a portfolio of brands and reporting to the Senior Insights Manager. This role will be responsible for supporting the development of commercial insight, management information and profitability analysis for all our products, but with a particular focus on savings; in addition to supporting new product launches. The role will involve the use of advanced analytics to enhance our portfolio reporting and segmentation, combined with developing new tools and techniques to ensure we effectively manage portfolio returns.
This role will require close engagement with our product, finance and risk teams and strong stakeholder management and communication is key as we work together to ensure products deliver both commercially and for our customers. This role will be an integral member of the consumer lending team.
- Support the consumer lending business in delivering agreed budgets, with commercial portfolio analysis, on a regular and bespoke basis.
- Review the existing savings data architecture within the organization and develop a simplified view
- Prepare papers and documentation that will be shared, and presented, at a senior level.
- Develop the capability to provide portfolio analysis and management information, at a segmented level, to monitor business performance and assist management in making strategic decisions.
- Use advanced analytics to identify commercial risks and opportunities and take appropriate action to mitigate or maximise accordingly.
- Maintain a strong customer and commercial focus; ensuring stakeholders are aware of the rationale behind proposals and changes.
- Support the development of new products through analytical expertise and detailed understanding of target markets.
- Regularly monitor industry developments and wider macro-economic trends to highlight opportunities or potential threats to the consumer portfolio.
- Work as part of a wider team which may involve supporting other priorities as the need arises.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree preferred or demonstrable experience working in a relevant analytics role.
- A strong background in a consumer retail lending business is desired.
- Good working knowledge of key P&L drivers for a lending business.
- Developed analytical and excel skills through direct experience.
- 5+ years working in data analytics and portfolio optimisation roles.
Technical / Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and SQL is essential.
- A good knowledge of the UK consumer credit market and relevant regulations.
- VBA and excel application development experience would be desirable.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter with a passion for data
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure