Analyst, Structured Finance
Shawbrook are looking to hire an Analyst to join our structured finance team based in London. You will contribute in developing, creating and managing the structured finance lending activity for Shawbrook and achieve targeted levels of profitability, return on capital, and APE Growth. You will also achieve a high level of credit quality and operate to high standards of risk management including operational and reputational as well as credit. Taking responsibility for the managing of existing clients, portfolio monitoring, risk reporting and analysis, stress testing, and analysis of transactions, portfolio risk management and providing support on new initiatives of the team.
- To propose, negotiate and implement amendments facilities in the structured finance market in accordance with the targets for the SF division for an existing client base. Analyse and understand the prospects of existing facilities and ensure that these are structured appropriately to meet the customers’ needs and mitigate risks in a way as to minimise Shawbrook's exposure. Responsible for end to end credit process, including negotiating with clients, writing of credit papers, presenting these transactions to credit committee and completion through to legal.
- Post new deal execution, to regularly manage ongoing relationships with a variety of clients across structured finance, with a focus on wholesale finance, which includes diligently monitoring the performance of the counterparties/borrowers, overview of the client’s operations and analysis of the underlying collateral, reporting on them as necessary. To including ownership of annual reviews for the existing client base. To consider requested amendments, restructures and enhancement to facilities already in place; to be alert to new business / business expansion opportunities with existing customers.
- Consider market, macroeconomic and regulatory impacts on the portfolio and take necessary actions where appropriate, including updating relevant committees on early warning signs.
- Play a vital role in rolling out new strategic initiatives for structured finance, including compliance, regulatory and risk management oversight, and attend relevant industry events. Focus on managing/overviewing portfolio performance and exposure against policy limits.
- Assist the team in looking after a number of existing structured finance clients. Guiding and supporting transactions with the oversight where needed from director or senior director, while mentoring more junior staff on the deliverables of the portfolio management team. To relate effectively to the other parts of the Shawbrook group who play their part in the wholesale team output, i.e. operations, credit, HR, finance, regional business centres etc.
- To report all issues of regulatory concern to the asset finance operations director/bank legal & compliance director
- To communicate and escalate potential issues in a prompt and effective manner
- To provide support in managing and shaping the overall compliance and risk management framework of SF.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with 5 years plus preferred in bank lending (secured/unsecured/ commercial/asset finance) or similar.
- Experience in structuring and executing transactions and risk management.
- Compliance and governance experience would be considered a positive.
- Some prior mentoring experience is a positive.
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, being able to deal with and handle complex issues. Experience with financial models and good understanding of financial statements is beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of asset-backed structures, including familiarity with legal documentation.
- Industry knowledge in the speciality finance market or other asset backed/receivables lending desirable, but not essential, including a good understanding of lending practices in that sector, including structures, risks, covenant requirements, pricing and competition.
- Excellent customer service, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Thorough comprehension of credit risk , credit administration, loan production and servicing.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements, remaining in good standing with regulatory agencies.
- Good commercial and financial acumen, executive level reporting and effective business planning
- Passionate, resourceful and good team work skills combined with being able to interact within a exciting entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly create rapport in order to engage employees and gain support of peers.
- Influencing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels, regulators, and committees.
- Ability to create industry network and develop meaningful relationships with all business areas.
- Supports the development of a balanced and effective team by conveying clearly goals and expectations.
- Excellent work ethic, energy and personal commitment to great results.
- Ability to package and present ideas in a persuasive manner.
- Ability to prioritise and oversee multiple projects.
- Demonstrates sound business judgement.
- Results orientated, holds self-accountable.
This role is an SB4 on Shawbrook's internal banding system