Director - Structured Finance
As Shawbrook continues to grow we are looking for a Structured Finance Director to join our London based team. The Structured Finance Director will contribute in developing and managing the structured finance lending activity for Shawbrook and achieve targeted levels of profitability, return on capital, APE growth, and origination.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- To originate, propose, negotiate and action 3+/£50M new business facilities per annum in the Structured finance market to deliver the targets for the SF division.
- Identify and lead origination strategies to develop a pipeline of new business opportunities for structured finance. Own key internal and external contacts to cultivate new business including external intermediaries (advisors, law firms, P/E firms). Attend and seek to participate in relevant industry events to strengthen the profile of the team externally. Lead and support new strategic initiatives for structured finance
- Portfolio management, monitoring, servicing and reporting
- Maintain a client portfolio (up to 10 clients/£150M of Shawbrook Bank exposure)
- Consider (and then act upon) requested amendments, restructures and enhancement to facilities already in place; to be alert to new business / business expansion opportunities with existing customers.
- Guide dedicated junior staff and liaise effectively with the other parts of the Shawbrook group who play their part in the SF output
- Lead recruitment campaigns to bring on board new highly skilled people to support the growth of SF.
- Step-in to the MD/Team head’s role at certain points for both internal and external meetings if they are unavailable.
Regulatory Responsibilities and Compliance
- Report all issues of regulatory concern through the appropriate channels
- Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner
- Support the overall compliance and risk management framework of SF.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- 5-10 years' experience in bank lending (secured/unsecured/ commercial/asset finance)
- Experience in structuring and executing transactions
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Analytical, with significant experience in cash flow modelling for a wide range of consumer and other receivables. Comfortable with complex corporate structures and waterfall modelling.
- Good industry knowledge in the speciality finance market or other asset backed/receivables lending, including a good understanding of lending practices in that sector, including structures, risks, covenant requirements, pricing and competition
- Excellent customer service, presentation and negotiation skills
- Thorough comprehension of credit risk management, credit administration, loan production and servicing.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements, remaining in good standing with regulatory agencies.
- Good commercial, financial acumen and capability in tactical thinking, executive level reporting and effective business planning
- Good customer/intermediary and market insight
- Leadership skills combined with entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly create rapport in order to engage employees and gain support of peers.
- Supports the development of a balanced and effective team by conveying clearly goals and expectations
- Ability to develop meaningful relationships with all business areas
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to stakeholders, regulators and committees of the board of directors.
- High work ethic, energy and personal commitment to results
- Ability to package and present ideas in a persuasive manner
- Ability to prioritise and look after multiple projects.
- Creativity and modernization
- Demonstrates sound business judgement
- Results orientated, holds self-accountable
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure