Shawbrook is embarking on a number of change initiatives; ranging from smaller, tactical pieces to larger scale strategic change. As such, the Solution Architect role is critical in the success of shaping and delivering these changes.
The Solution Architect role is aligned to a number of initiatives and charged with building out the solution design for the given high-level scope. They act as advisors to the project on how to most efficiently deliver solutions whilst maintaining quality controls and aligning to the strategic enterprise architecture vision.
The Solution Architect dual reports both into the Director of Innovation and Delivery, and into the Head of Enterprise Architecture as part of Shawbrook’s architecture function.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Design solution architectures against initiative scope
- Assess vendor and build options as appropriate
- Review and elaborate initiative scope, challenging as appropriate
- Attends appropriate committees/forums
- Ensures key principal risks are assessed and monitored, managed and controlled effectively aligned to the banks risk appetite
- Responsible for ensuring IT & Change governance is followed
- Ensure the adherence to IT security policies, in accordance with Shawbrook’s risk appetite
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- Experience in designing complex solutions
- Experience working with commercial-off-the-shelf and bespoke solutions
- Experience in both greenfield and legacy environments
- Strong stakeholder management in a regulated environment
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Self- starter attitude with drive to achieve
- Commercial awareness with an operational and strategic mindset
- Good sense approach in a transformational environment.
- Good sense approach to problem solving
- Creative thinking with sensible solutions
- Financial services experience strongly desirable
- Designing solutions across a number of systems
- Technical design of bespoke modules in at least one OO language
- Systems integration (ESB, Microservices) architecture
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Exposure to CRM systems
- .NET experience desirable
- Knowledge of Devops practices desirable
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer attentive approach
This role is an SB2 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure