Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for Client Manager to join our team based in Redhill. You will manage all client accounts within your assigned portfolio in accordance with the principles of the business model, corporate procedures and best practice, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data and records, as well as detecting errors and fraud.
- Develop & maintain strong relationship with clients at board level, maximizing client life and retention
- Keep bad debts and losses to a minimum.
- Understand risk drivers, monitor triggers and ensure risk is managed within CCF credit policy and operational mandates.
- Visit clients as needed, prepare visit reports annual reviews and propose remedial actions if necessary.
- Review underperforming clients within the portfolio and recommend action to the risk/credit committee.
- Analysis of client statutory accounts, management accounts, forecasts & budgets to present to risk and credit committee. Present outcome to client in robust & positive way
- Ensure client submissions, data and practices adhere to client’s agreements.
- Comply with all client reporting metrics – producing reviews/reports as appropriate to internal risk or risk/credit committees.
- Provide outstanding customer service, understand client strategic goals to promote positive customer experience and drive portfolio growth through status as ‘trusted advisor.’
- Recognise & report compliance breaches, errors and potential frauds
- Proactively relationship manage the client base, identifying strategic opportunity and relevant cross sell from across Shawbrook capability
- Lead, participate and support the wider team and business goals through marketing, personal profile and engagement in the new business acquisition process to contribute to growing the portfolio
- Demonstrated experience in ABL/AR financing or similar environment
- Experience in relevant financial services environment
- In addition to ABL, wider lending experience (cashflow, leverage, property etc) or restructuring capability will be a key advantage
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate
- Excellent problem-solving & financial analysis skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of AR/ABL products, procedures and markets
- Able to handle high volumes of work without compromising on accuracy, quality and client focus
- Strongly ‘risk orientated’ approach
- Adaptable & flexible
- Organised, with client-facing focus
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and establish effective working relationships at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Professional, well-presented, client-attentive approach
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure