Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team based in Brentwood. As a Business Analyst you will work with stakeholders and representatives from various different business units, operations and related third parties to define and document requirements and processes for both business and technology projects.
You will act as the bridge between the business customer and the internal/external technology solution providers, and will lead the user acceptance test scoping, planning and execution. There will also be an element of project management around specific technical integration projects.
- Collection of relevant information and documentation at the start of the project to support in understanding the ‘as-is’ environment and scope.
- Perform investigational analysis and evaluation of regulations to determine requirements
- Identify and validate the key business requirements
- Assist business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimising the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects; help manage expectations of users and management bus
- Create high quality project documentation such as project briefs, change control forms and business requirement documents
- Lead requirements gathering workshops with business unit and central functions. Document the functional and non-functional requirements in the agreed format to the required level of detail.
- Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives / stakeholders that requirements and process models accurately portray specific business needs
- Work with business operations to define and document the target operating model and operational design.
- Review and feedback on IT Design documentation undertake requirements traceability
- Analyze and model the business domain to create a complete picture of work-flows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed solutions
- Supporting the project manager in documenting and managing project RAIDs
- Collaborate with Test Lead / Test Manager and support resolution of defects during system integration testing. Actively participate in prioritization of defects and identification of change requests
- Define and document UAT test cases and support the business during the UAT cycle
- Assist in preparation of end user training material and guides
- Contribute to project plans; identify and escalate project risks and issues in a timely and clear manner to the Project Manager and support the business build any work around or contingency solutions
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Review and Quality Assure the key project deliverables and artefacts
- Assist with stakeholder communications and engagement
- Engage in project closure activities
- Lean / Six Sigma / Project Management qualification (desirable)
- 5+ years of Business Analysis experience
- Experience in Retail Banking
- Experience in analysing, defining and implementing Target Operating Models
- Proven experience in detailed process mapping and process automation
- Knowledge and practical experience of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Business requirements gathering techniques, MoSCoW prioritisation
- Process Analysis Techniques (such as process mapping, data flow definition)
- Functional Specification Techniques (such as Use Cases, User Stories)
- Advanced skills in MS Office, MS Visio
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Knowledge of the main System/Software Development Lifecycles, e.g. Waterfall, Agile (desirable)
- Overall knowledge of the Retail Banking sector and products
- Target Operating Models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude with a desire to provide resolution and drive for success
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Establish effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer-focused approach
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Creativity skills to resolve problems and/or identify alternatives where established procedures may not exist
- Strong numeracy, computer literacy and problem solving skills.
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure