Junior Treasury Analyst
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a junior treasury analyst to join our team based in London. As part of the of ALM & Treasury Middle Office team you will support all areas of market risk analysis, reporting and control including hedge effectiveness testing. As an experienced professional in interest rate risk this person will also be responsible for analysing interest rate risk exposures.
This role offers a career platform for a highly motivated analyst to progress quickly in a well-respected and dynamic bank. This role will be working closely with Finance and Risk and will ensure exposure to senior management.
Treasury Middle Office
- Preparation of market risk reporting for Treasury, Risk and ALCo;
- Support the development of efficient processes to transfer information from the bank’s data warehouse into its interest rate reporting system
- Prepare and enhance IRRBB reports and analysis.
- Analyse financial instruments and balance sheet items to ensure that are correctly represented in Treasury systems and properly valued.
- Ensure derivative hedges are appropriately documented in line with company policy;
- Calculate and monitor hedge effectiveness;
- Experience of interest rate risk analysis
- Knowledge of IRRBB methodologies;
- Understanding of fair value hedge accounting;
- Excellent understanding of the principals of risk management and compliance;
Technical / Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate
- Proven knowledge of reporting/consolidations packages, i.e. Hyperion/TM1;
- ALMIS and Bloomberg knowledge an advantage
- Proactive approach, enthusiastic “can do” attitude;
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure;
- Adaptable and flexible;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Professional, well presented;
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels;
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure