Collections & Recoveries Quality Assurance Officer 12-month FTC
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a Collections & Recoveries Quality Assurance Officer on a 12-month FTC to join our team in Brentwood. As a Collections & Recoveries Quality Assurance Officer you will provide support to the Risk & Quality Assurance Manager in completing the Quality Assurance activities and requirements across the Collections & Recoveries teams.
- Responsible for completing monthly quality assurance (QA) activities – focusing on identifying failures in controls, oversight, reporting, regulatory process requirements & unfair customer outcomes.
- Provide support to the risk & quality assurance manager and the management team to ensure that the actions undertaken by the in-house operations teams and our external business partners (third party service providers) are in line with our policies and procedures. This covers the arrears management across the following business units; Commercial Property, Residential Mortgages, Unsecured Consumer Lending and Business Finance.
- Focused End-To-End care reviews to ensure actions taken have achieved a fair customer outcome in line with MCOB & CONC where applicable.
- To carry out the relevant checks on actions taken which are both automated and manual, highlighting any issues to the Risk & Quality Assurance Manager and in turn feedback findings directly to the relevant operations team or external business partner.
- Track, report and present on findings and risks identified from all QA activities carried out.
- Escalate any findings which may warrant a risk event to be raised via Metric Stream to Risk & QA Manager
- To prepare appropriate analysis and provide recommendations for improvements to processes, systems, procedures and controls.
- To be flexible with responsibilities and have a positive attitude towards any changes to role, company/departmental objectives, priorities and targets.
- Occasional traveling to outsourced provider, other third parties and different Shawbrook offices when needed to test and review their control framework as well as completing specific controls testing.
Educated to a GCSE (or equivalent) standard
- Minimum 1-2 years Collections & Recoveries experience
- Minimum 3 years banking industry experience
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience/knowledge of TCF, FCA, CCA, MCOB & CONC.
- Experience of working in a team
- A good understanding of commercial, second charge residential mortgages, unsecured consumer loans or Business Finance
- A good knowledge of Collections & Recoveries processes & procedures
- Computer Literate
- Record/File Management
- Arrears Procedures
- Industry Awareness – regulations (TCF, money laundering, FCA etc.)
- Mortgage/Lending Principles & Practice
- Company Compliance
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Attentive approach
This role is an SB5 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure