Outsourced Services Support Officer
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for an Outsourced Services Support Officer to join our team based in Newport. You will be responsible for ensuring high standards of governance in relation to the management of the bank’s primary service provider including the smooth and efficient administration of their day to day operations. Accountable for ensuring that the right level of engagement is in place allowing operational leads to manage and resolve enquiries in a timely efficient manner.
- To proactively manage the day to day governance for the bank’s primary service provider. This will involve implementing a strong structure and framework, ensuring all necessary information is up to date and maintained.
- To comply with the requirements of the regulatory regime which the bank operates within, ensuring the necessary documentation detailing strategies, policies and procedures is maintained and updated.
- Undertake appropriate action to ensure agreed actions from governance meetings are delivered.
- Responsible for the financial monitoring, controls, performance management, quality assurance and compliance of the primary service provider in line with the Bank’s policy. Where shortcomings are identified ensure the appropriate remediation plans are created to address those findings.
- Responsible for ensuring that the primary service provider prepares appropriate performance reporting, effective minutes and takes appropriate action to remediate / improve the overall service provided to the bank.
- Ensure that the Governance Terms of Reference and escalation process is documented, monitored and reviewed at least annually.
- Responsible for working with the primary service provider to implement appropriate risk management protocols and mitigate risks through changes / improvements / root cause analysis.
- Working closely with the Head of Outsourced Services to maintain accuracy of format, contents and drafting reports for OPCO, EXCO and Board papers as and when required.
- Support contract renegotiations in conjunction with the Business requirements / Operational leads.
- Minimum 3 years banking industry experience
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a team.
- Experience of reporting and data analysis
- Experience of managing outsourced service providers
Technical / Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate
- Record/File Management
- Industry Awareness – regulations (TCF, money laundering, FCA etc)
- Company compliance
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer attentive approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure