New Business Executive
Shawbrook is a specialist UK savings and lending bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products. At 31 December 2017 our total lending reached £4.9 billion and we have now raised more than £4.4 billion in customer deposits.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive, stable returns and sustainable growth, and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer needs.
Shawbrook are looking to hire a New Business Executive review and process Business Finance customer and sales documentation in line with product and risk management procedures and quality standards, and to provide support and query assistance to sales staff/brokers/dealers.
- Receive and check finance documentation for accuracy and completeness for pay-out, adhering to New Business Checklist requirements including complete sign off. This applies to multiple Business Finance products including Specialist and Structured Finance transactions.
- Resolve any issues with documentation and ensure underwriting conditions are met.
- Refer agreement issues to the Broker/Dealer/Sales Staff or Team Leader New Business as applicable.
- Ensure all agreements are loaded into the Ambit system correctly. Complete 4 Eye Check on loaded deals including completion of activation process.
- Ensure where applicable Shawbrook’s interest is automatically registered/unregistered on HPI via the Ambit System and any failures are resolved.
- Ensure all telephone calls and email enquiries are actioned promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain an awareness of changes to legislation, i.e. Consumer Credit Act, Data Protection Act, Money Laundering Regulations, etc and ensure compliance thereof.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing Brokers/Dealers/Sales Staff and Customers to promote business and identify further opportunities for referral to New Business.
- Ensure all paperwork is properly maintained and completed in a timely manner and Company procedures followed, escalating any issues to Team Leader New Business.
- Aid other Business Units within department when required.
- Adhere to all Legal, Regulatory, Compliance policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all HR requirements as described in the HR policies.
- Report all issues of regulatory concern to the Customer Support Manager/ Compliance Manager.
- Support for Continuous Improvement and Strategic Change activity as required.
- Commercial asset finance experience
- Knowledge of Hire Purchase and Leasing documentation
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel, Word)
- Meeting deadlines
- Customer service orientated
- Decision making skills
- Using initiative
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- High work standards, professional and well presented
This role is an SB5 on Shawbrook's internal banding system