We are building a new bank, built on traditional principles. A bank that supports its customers with a unique blend of specialist sector and product knowledge and a more thoughtful and personalised approach to decision making. The markets we’re in is dynamic and rapidly evolving. Building on a refreshed strategic direction and structure, a new operating model and investment in people and premises across the business, our efforts are now geared towards how we can grow the business in the next phase of its journey.
We’re an award-winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain’s small businesses and consumers through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages, retail products and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen.
Shawbrook are looking for an Auditor to join our team in a field-based role. As an Auditor you will report into the Head of Audit and will be responsible for the undertaking of routine audits and new business surveys on a variety of new and proposed Sovereign and Asset Based Lending facilities of small, medium and larger corporate organisations based throughout the UK.
- Responsible for managing your own diary, arranging visits, performing the audits and surveys and writing reports within acceptable timeframes.
- Undertake high quality surveys and audits for invoice finance and ABL products.
- Key issues are to be communicated to the client manager and relevant management personnel in a timely manner and suitably recorded on internal systems.
- Support the Audit team function as needed, adhere to the Audit diary to ensure that appropriate time is allocated to jobs so that service level agreements can be met, that any downtime is used effectively.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring all governance and compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities are carried out to the standards required by regulatory bodies as applicable.
- As needed, adjust the survey or audit approach, ensuring the audits/ surveys are completed in a timely manner in accordance with the governing matrix
- Undertake comprehensive preparation prior to each audit or survey to involve reading all briefing material provided, reviewing websites and discussing the key requirements with the Relationship Manager or Business Development Manager/Corporate Manager and representatives of credit committees as appropriate.
- Produce high quality, timely and concise audit/survey reports clearly identifying all material risk issues, commenting of the suitability of the client/ prospect for the facilities in place/ proposed, and suggesting ways to mitigate or manage the risks where identified and to validate or challenge the proposed exit strategy. The report should be correctly formatted, and proof checked for accuracy prior to submission within an acceptable timescale (3 working days for survey, 5 working days for audit)
- Always represent Shawbrook Bank in a professional and positive manner to deliver excellent customer service to Clients, Prospective Clients and Shawbrook Sales and Operations teams.
- An excellent understanding of receivables and asset-based lending is essential to this role
- A self-starter/flexible person who likes a challenge, is enthusiastic and resilient, showing good judgement and can complete assignments well under pressure
- You demonstrate independence and that you are self-motivated with an ability to be well organised, efficient and self-disciplined; you cope well with the demands of the job and manage your time effectively.
- An ability to write well-structured reports clearly identifying and prioritising the main issues to Shawbrook Business Credit whilst maintaining commercial acumen
- An ability to assess, understand and interpret various business processes that may not have been encountered before, to proactively identify issues or problems; take accountability and initiate appropriate actions.
- An ability and willingness to learn, with the enthusiasm to ask questions of peers and managers throughout the business
- You maintain consistent and professional standards; and show enthusiasm and loyalty to Shawbrook Bank, its Vision and Values internally and externally.
- Focused on risk with a client balanced view
- A thorough understanding of the collateral traits of receivables, cash-flow, inventory, P&M, and real estate
- A high level of numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent time management skills and able to keep abreast of various on-going issues
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work without compromising on quality to ensure adherence to strict timelines and risk review cycles
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and report writing skills
- An excellent understanding of receivables finance as well as the underlying operating systems
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure