Senior Non-Performing Loan Manager, Property
We are building a new bank, built on traditional principles. A bank that supports its customers with a unique blend of specialist sector and product knowledge and a more thoughtful and personalised approach to decision making. The markets we’re in is dynamic and rapidly evolving. Building on a refreshed strategic direction and structure, a new operating model and investment in people and premises across the business, our efforts are now geared towards how we can grow the business in the next phase of its journey.
We’re an award-winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain’s small businesses and consumers through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages, retail products and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen.
Shawbrook are looking for a Senior Non-performing Loan Manager to join our team based in Brentwood. The role is part of the Collections, Recoveries and Restructuring team and will be primarily focused on the Property division.
As a Senior Non-performing Loan Manager, you will support the Head of C&R, Property in defining and executing a clear approach for Non-Performing Loans and mitigating losses whilst ensuring we deliver a fair outcome for the client. You will also be responsible for the oversight and day to day management of the outsourced arrears management service providers which support the Property division.
- Responsible for the strategy design and execution to manage cases in arrears which relate to the Property division. This will also include individual case management relating to Non-Performing Loans, ensuring that losses are mitigated whilst also delivering fair outcomes for customers. The portfolio is primarily made up of Commercial, Buy to Let and MCOB regulated Residential mortgages.
- Responsible for the day to day performance and oversight of outsourced arrears management service providers which support the Property division.
- To comply with the requirements of the regulatory regime which the Bank operates within, ensuring the necessary documentation detailing strategies, policies and procedures is maintained and updated.
- Handle the day to day interaction with external contacts and business partners supporting on individual cases, ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that the appropriate actions are being taken to minimise bad debt losses. Business partners include third party service providers, solicitors, field agents, asset managers and receivers.
- Interact with customers as and when needed, including face to face home visits and representing the bank’s interests at creditor meetings.
- To ensure compliance and delivery of all Property SLA’s / Performance Standards associated with outsourced service providers, addressing issues and escalating where necessary.
- To proactively review the Property C&R processes and strategies, making recommendations for improvements which will benefit the Bank and its customers on a continuous basis.
- Analysis and reporting of KPI’s to assess performance, in turn presenting findings to senior management along with ideas and suggestions which will improve processes and strategies.
- Support with external reviews specifically linked to C&R processes and procedures as and when needed, including operational audits.
- To proactively review C&R cases and feedback findings in relation to front end lending decisions and trends relating to suppliers and brokers, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Represent C&R at the local Property Risk and Impairment Committees; deputise for the Head of C&R Property, as and when needed at senior internal and external meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring that forbearance treatments are offered appropriately to Property customers, ensuring compliance with policy and that evidenced fair customer outcomes are being delivered as per the Bank’s policy.
- Oversight and management of litigation/repossession processes, ensuring repossession is only taken as a last resort and that the actions taken mitigates losses whilst delivering fair and appropriate customer outcomes.
- Effective management of the cases assigned to C&R on the Property Watchlist ensuring the appropriate strategy and impairment coverage is in place whilst adhering to the bank’s Credit Stewardship Policy.
- Experience of working within in a C&R environment specifically linked to mortgages, preferably both commercial and residential
- Experience of working in a banking or financial environment
- Demonstrated experience in the effective management of C&R strategy and processes
- Experience and understanding of litigation processes for secured lending
- Understanding and awareness of DPA/GDPR and legislative requirements
- Ability to monitor and enforce SLA’s/Performance Standards associated with outsourced service providers
- Able to work on own initiative and to contribute to the wider C&R team objectives
- Ability to develop productive relationship with third party contacts
Technical / Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and able to create structured reports and spreadsheet analysis
- Knowledge of TCF
- Knowledge of compliance procedures within financial services
- Knowledge of key regulation including MCOB
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer attentive approach
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure