Technical Delivery Lead
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking to recruit a Technical Delivery Lead to join our team based in Brentwood. As Technical Delivery Lead you will be aligned to a division or business unit within the bank, this role is responsible for providing day to day management and oversight of one or more multi-disciplinary product delivery squads with an emphasis on the use of agile methodologies.
- Resource leadership for the delivery squad including day to day line management to squad members, coordination and chairing of delivery ceremonies as needed by the selected delivery methodology, squad admin (e.g. sickness and absence), personal development, training etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that squad commitments on delivery are met and that agile principles are adhered to, practising the core principles of collaboration, accountability, and visibility.
- Appropriate engagement with and escalation to the product owner to ensure effective alignment between the delivery squad and the product owner. Ensures the inclusion of the product owner in all ceremonies (sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, release planning etc. as needed).
- Ensures that the momentum of squad’s delivery is maintained at an optimal level of throughput and the highest quality.
- Line management of squad delivery resources including developers, testers, product analysts etc.
- Risk, dependency and issue identification and management and escalation point and conflict resolver for issues affecting delivery.
- Empower the squad to self-organise and facilitate conflict resolution and open discussion.
- Agile delivery methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Financial planning and budget management
- Microsoft .Net
- Azure (including Dev Ops Azure)
- Jira and Confluence
- Git Framework
- Previous agile delivery experience using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Familiarity with front end development frameworks e.g. React or Angular beneficial.
- Experience with agile requirements gathering methodologies e.g. User Story Mapping beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple stakeholder relationships up to ExCo level.
- Experience leading development and multi-disciplinary delivery teams working with agile methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict management and influencing.
- The demonstrable ability to think creatively to resolve problems and reach effective outcomes.
- Experience working in collaborative, self-organising teams.
- Experience developing and managing offshore development teams.
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure