Business Application Support Analyst
Shawbrook are looking for a Business Application Support Analyst to join our team in Glasgow. Working within a small team the role is very much hands-on and requires an individual who is prepared to apply themselves across the broad spectrum of responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of the systems. The role comes with the significant responsibility of ensuring that the Shawbrook systems are correctly configured and controlled and that regulatory and compliance responsibilities are met without issue.
Key to the role is building a strong working relationship with the wider Shawbrook team themselves and with the software vendors and other support services involved, (both internal and external). The Business Application Support team work hard to remain approachable, flexible and act as facilitators of change whilst also ensuring that the necessary governance and controls are maintained in the process.
- Responsible for the support, configuration and maintenance of the applications as used by Shawbrook.
- A product and application expert who will be a point of reference for both business as usual and new projects.
- The primary contact for operational support requests for the Shawbrook applications.
- Responsible for investigating and diagnosing any issues reported. Then, as appropriate, either resolve the issue, advise the business how to resolve it, or refer the issue to third party/internal support.
- Expected to be pro-active and put in place systems and procedures to prevent, identify and correct potential configuration/process/data issues and inconsistencies before they can cause problems.
- Responsible for configuring and/or reviewing new and existing products, processes and applications.
- Responsible for the processes within your remit ensuring that they meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring IT governance is followed to a very high standard. This includes incident/problem management, user access control, change control, release management, service management etc.
- Build a close and productive working relationship with the business finance dept and ensure that they experience a high standard of service.
- Liaise closely with the business, vendors, service providers and IT colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the systems and related projects.
- Expected to use SQL-based reports e.g. for fault diagnosis and investigation, exception reports, audit reports etc. Depending on skillset may also be expected to develop and maintain these yourself.
- As part of a small team the role-holder may at times be asked to assist with other systems/areas within technology.
- Support the legacy business finance IT infrastructure until such times as it is no longer required.
- Assist with infrastructure/service desk support on occasion where local input is needed.
- The primary out-of-hours contacts for significant issues with the Shawbrook systems.
- This role may necessitate visits to other Shawbrook offices and occasionally to other sites, (eg vendors, user groups etc).
- Demonstrable experience of finance products and processes.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and configuring finance applications.
- Experience of working within the financial services industry.
- Experience of payment processing (eg bacs / faster payments).
- Experience of change management.
- Experience of being responsible for critical processes and tasks and working to tight deadlines.
- The role-holder may not necessarily have worked in an IT department before. For example, background may be Operations, Product configuration, Quality Assurance etc. It is the experience of finance products, processes and systems that is considered most important for this role.
- Good knowledge of finance products and regulations
- Configuration of Ambit, NT/ABL or similar finance applications
- Working knowledge of Azure would be highly beneficial.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of TCF, DPA
Any of the following would be beneficial but are not essential:
- SQL / report authoring skills
- Advanced Excel
- Database admin (Oracle/SQL Server)
- IT Support eg Helpdesk / Server / Infrastructure
- Customer service / servicedesk
- Quality assurance / release testing
- Microsoft TFS
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both on own and as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer focused approach
- Analytical and Logical
- Takes ownership of tasks
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure