Financial Crime Manager – Property Finance
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks.
Shawbrook are looking for a Financial Crime Manager to join our team based in Brentwood. You will be joining at an exciting time as we are bolstering our risk capability within Shawbrook. As a Financial Crime Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the division’s financial crime risk management framework, ensuring appropriate governance, policies and procedures, controls, monitoring and reporting are in place to mitigate risk and divisional exposure.
- To lead the delivery of the development of the division’s framework for mitigating fraud and financial crime risk. Priorities will include the refinement of existing procedures, processes, integration of systems and governance reporting.
- Operational management of the division’s KYC and financial crime officers supporting customer facing processes, providing advice to other divisional teams and conducting oversight of financial crime impacting activities.
- Engagement with industry bodies and delivery of horizon scanning activity to identify emerging regulatory priorities and changes to organisational approach required.
- Provision of SME input to business MI reporting to local and group governance committees including root cause analysis & corrective action recommendations.
- Manage the division’s approach to training with alignment to changes in systems, procedures and processes to ensure changes are thoroughly understood by colleagues and embedded within the division’s operations.
- Ensure the promotion of Shawbrook values and good behaviour, fostering respect for other staff members, coherence within the bank and a positive team spirit
Suitable candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Understanding of the UK regulatory environment including fraud and financial crime requirements.
- Understanding of the UK mortgage market’s products, lenders and regulatory requirements.
- Capability to deliver changes through cross-cutting workstreams, matrix managed teams and third-party suppliers.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to engage with colleagues on the delivery of proposed changes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience of developing and implementing financial crime frameworks.
- Experience of managing KYC or financial crime operational teams.
- A professional industry qualification in financial crime.
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure