Accounts Assistant - 6 month fixed term contract
Due to increased volumes, Shawbrook are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our finance team based in Glasgow. The successful incumbent will help maintain and support the development of finance processes as well as taking responsibility for accounts payable and high volume reconciliations. This is an ideal opportunity for a an experienced Accounts Assistant with proven experience of accounts payable and reconciliations within a fast paced and busy organisation.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in Glasgow in maintaining the financial records of development finance lending
- Daily transactions will be recorded and updated on the current financial records run on spreadsheets and posted to the ledgers
- Any payment or redemption requests received from the development finance team will checked and processed promptly
- Approvals, facility limits and maturity dates need to be maintained and updated with information obtained from front office team in development finance
- Internal controls for the accounting records will be checked and maintained.
- Required reconciliations will be maintained and kept up to date including month end reconciliations will be completed and presented to the Financial Controller for review
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in any development and testing work required in relation to a proposed new system for development finance
- Migration of data from the existing systems to the proposed new system.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager and other members of the finance team in Glasgow with the various account reconciliations ensuring that they are kept up to date in accordance with the requirements of the department
- Proven accounts payable experience
- Proven experience of high volume reconciliations
- Experience of working within financial services – preferable but not essential
- Good Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Advanced knowledge of Excel – Including V-lookups, Pivot tables and Macros
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure