Complaints Executive – 12 month FTC
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a complaints executive to join our consumer lending team based on a 12-month FTC in Brentwood. As a complaints executive you will provide support to the consumer lending team, to ensure that service standards are met and that customer outcomes are in keeping with TCF principles. To review and monitor current complaints, and to manage the level of complaints received and deal with them effectively. Assisting in managing the level of complaints received and dealing with them effectively.
- Providing support to management by producing accurate documentation, ensuring the quality and accuracy of data input and ensuring all standard conditions are satisfied as detailed in the company's procedures manual.
- Complaints- where required the administration of the reporting, handling of customer merchandise and dispute complaints ensuring a timely resolution to cases and keeping levels of complaints to a minimum. This will include correspondence with end borrowers and where appropriate liaising with Shawbrook partners
- To be flexible with responsibilities and have a positive attitude towards any changes to role, company/departmental objectives, priorities and targets.
- Develop strong relationships with key partners and other staff offering a personal service
- To demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and to being able to assess customer outcomes within this.
- Escalation of any problem or issue to management or where appropriate to the Shawbrook Compliance Team.
- Provide assistance and complete project related tasks as assigned
- Assist with Supplier Support – To speak regularly with suppliers to support them with their complaints handling and questions.
- A level standard of education, must include English & Maths
- Minimum 1 years administration experience
- Minimum 1 years complaint handling experience
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a team
- Computer literate
- Record/File Management
- Complaints Procedure
- Industry Awareness- regulations (TCF, money laundering, FCA etc)
- Company compliance
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer focused approach
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure