Strategic Account Manager
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a strategic account manager to join our team! As a strategic account manager, you will manage your region and be responsible for the broker and introducer relationships within that region and the quantity and quality of business produced by those partners. Whilst also ensuring that all benchmarks in accordance to the regional business plan have been achieved.
- To develop existing partners within the specific geographic region. This will involve re-energizing existing partners or picking up general relationship management.
- To actively prospect, identify and recruit new partners from a broad mix of commercial specialist brokers, mortgage/loan brokers and financial advisors.
- To develop partners into profitable producers by understanding their business processes and finding opportunities to maximize business levels through training and development and marketing opportunities.
- Having a thorough understanding of our products and criteria and to be able to quickly understand the strengths and weaknesses of a commercial property deal
- Feedback key market intelligence regarding competitors as well as both positive comments and improvement areas for the bank.
- Understanding and delivering the brand values of the Bank, the role is the ambassador for the business
- Clearly communicate with broker partners our views on different scenarios to assist them with finding future business for Shawbrook
- Able to develop a rationale for unusual cases and communicate opinions/views to the Credit teams for their consideration
- Being experts on the competition, understanding where our strengths lie and ensuring the broker partners are aware of our strengths as all times.
- To effectively manage a large number of introducers, maintaining the relationships and driving more business from these sources via the Partners
- Assist with increasing conversions by analysing broker performance and providing training and support where required
- To own and understand the dynamics of your region to ensure that the strategy is regularly reviewed and adjusted where required.
- Strong awareness of Industry Sector and regulation
- Extensive field sales experience in financial services sector.
- Experience of managing a large geographic area
- Experience of selling to intermediaries (mortgage and protection products)
- An excellent understanding of the commercial mortgage sector
- An excellent understanding of mortgages and the financial services market
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment and in a small to medium sized organisation
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of TCF
- Knowledge of underwriting process/criteria requirements
- Good knowledge of compliance procedures with the mortgage industry.
- Able to read and understand financial accounts, valuations, business appraisals and credit searches.
- Understanding of the different funding options open to business clients
- Products - Ability to learn new products and sectors quickly and achieve a professional level of understanding.
- Time management - Outstanding organisation skills required. Geography is vast and partners require multiple meeting support. Time needs to be organised between recruitment and development/review.
- Ability to listen and identify the right sales approach for each individual partner.
- Results orientated. Dynamic, driven and self-motivated to deliver on agreed objectives. Support will be provided but the SRM will need to take ownership for their production and region.
- Business Partnering/Commercial acumen - Willingness to challenge oneself, moving outside of traditional broker management and comfort zones. This will be needed to identify how the partner can develop their business and having the confidence to work with partner to define specific actions. This will involve helping to deliver the actions jointly with the partner where needed and to manage non-performance/delivery.
- Must be flexible/adaptable as business is growing quickly and sales pitch will need to continually evolve
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused approach
- A high degree of consistent professionalism and a strong desire to succeed in our strategy.
- Needs to be a team player & have a willingness to share ideas & success to help the team.
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Thrives in a busy environment, able to remain calm under pressure
- Self-motivated and delivery focused (able to work with minimum supervision)
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure