We are building a new bank, built on traditional principles. A bank that supports its customers with a unique blend of specialist sector and product knowledge and a more thoughtful and personalised approach to decision making. The markets we’re in is dynamic and rapidly evolving. Building on a refreshed strategic direction and structure, a new operating model and investment in people and premises across the business, our efforts are now geared towards how we can grow the business in the next phase of its journey.
We’re an award-winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain’s small businesses and consumers through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages, retail products and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen.
Shawbrook are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team based in Glasgow. As a Financial Accountant you will provide accounting support to the finance team.
- Reconciling Loan books – property mortgages, working capital, residential and consumer lending.
- Providing input in IFRS9 expected credit loss and EIR calculations and reviews
- Identifying and implementing process improvements and be an advocate for continuous improvement.
- Mentoring more junior staff
- Carrying out month end tasks including accruals, deferred income and control account reconciliations. Accounting for commissions, clawbacks and interest income. Reviewing reconciliation carried out by more junior staff
- Completing account reconciliations and making sure aged items are dealt with and provide reporting when needed.
- Keeping up to date any changes in process by updating relevant process documents
- Project work in line with departmental activities.
- Liaise and maintain good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Being aware of risks and reporting them as and when they occur
- Respond to ad-hoc queries relating to the property, working capital solutions and consumer business areas.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when to support the finance team
- Assisting with the treasury function, ensuring daily tasks are completed and monthly reporting is completed.
- Maintaining an oversight of the risk reporting requirements for finance and ensuring completion of the relevant internal reporting.
- Maintain an awareness of the controls required by a bank
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA part qualified or newly qualified
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of working within financial services – preferable but not essential
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including v lookups, pivot tables and macros
- Knowledge of Summit, SUN and Q&A, advantageous but not essential
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure