Customer & Business Insights Manager
As Shawbrook continues to grow we are looking for a customer & business insights manager to join our team based in Brentwood office. You will be responsible for the continued development and maintenance of all metrics, analysis and strategy within this exciting new team. This role requires a pro-active creative thinker who can evidence and communicate trends and deviations in a clear and concise manner to various senior stakeholders. The output will take shape as actionable insight that will play a pivotal role in steering and reshaping our strategic process bank wide. An extensive technical background alongside excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to develop, coach and mentor team members.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Development of robust and sustainable reporting suites that can drive strategic conversation and data led decision making in support of the respective divisional goals.
- Analysis and reporting of KPI’s to assess performance, in turn presenting findings to senior management along with ideas and suggestions as to how to improve processes and strategies.
- Embed and sustain a culture of continuous improvement across Shawbrook through a program of Automation, Centralisation, Elimination and Simplification (ACES).
- With managerial support, own major projects focusing on end-to-end strategic initiatives, policies and controls.
- Define and implement best practices based on research influenced by industry forums, demonstrated experience, benchmarking and modelling
- Always comply with the requirements of the regulatory regime which the Bank operates within, ensuring the necessary documentation detailing strategies and policies is maintained and updated. Support during regulatory, external and internal audit.
- Responsible, in part, for the technical training of other members of staff. Maintenance of a skills matrix and report log that ensures adequate cover during reporting cycles and that relevant knowledge remains high.
- Assist in developing the CBI roadmap and general team objectives.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- Demonstrated experience in the effective delivery of meaningful analysis and commentary.
- Able to work on own initiative and collaboratively in support of the wider team.
- Ability to write and execute SQL queries will be essential
- Highly numerate with excellent commercial acumen and advanced Microsoft Excel Skills – Advanced Functionality Including the ability to extract insight from unstructured data sources.
- Data modelling experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in SAS is desirable (or equivalent. Python, R, MatLab).
- Experience with Power BI or QlikView is desirable but not essential.
- CISCO telephony Systems desirable but not essential.
- Understanding and awareness of DPA/GDPR and legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of compliance procedures within financial services – Awareness of CONC, MCOB & TCF is desirable but not essential.
- Interpersonal, adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels.
This role is an SB3 on Shawbrook’s internal banding system