Full Stack Software Developer
Shawbrook are looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to join our team based in Brentwood. As a Full Stack Software Developer, you will be working in partnership with the business to provide continuous system improvements and deliver projects. Ensuring that quality standards are met and that a delivery-focused approach is applied throughout.
- To work with a key area of the business to prioritise, plan and deliver IT related change.
- Work with the product owner and scrum master to ensure delivery plans are in line with project goals and are achievable and realistic and attained.
- To effectively allocate resource to achieve the most effective outcomes for the business.
- Line management responsibility for the software development team.
- To take a proactive role in reviewing team processes, tools and technology to ensure optimum delivery capability.
- Create and design technical specifications for system amendments/enhancements.
- Code system amendments/enhancements as per specifications (modules/user interface/reports/web services/windows services).
- Test system amendments/enhancements made by self and others.
- Documenting of system amendments/enhancements.
- Database design/administration in relation to system amendments/enhancements.
- Periodical review and enhancement of departmental software development processes.
- Must have built or played a major part in the initial design and development of multi-user systems using the below skills/knowledge.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of both thin and fat client multiuser systems (approx 50 users+).
- Must know and regularly use all steps of the software development life cycle (especially technical specification/code writing/testing).
- Experience in object-oriented designed systems needed.
- Experience in branch and environment management.
- Experience of liaising with users (both written and verbal) needed.
Technical Skills Needed
- Experience in C# .NET
- Experience in Web development (MVC, ASP.NET, Knockout/Angular2/React)
- Experience in Object oriented software design
- Visual Studio 2013 or later
- Experience in SQL Server 2005+/stored procedures/triggers/functions
- Broad knowledge of XML, SOAP, WCF, windows services
- Awareness of VSTS, Git, Jira, Confluence and release management processes
- IIS 7+
- Automated testing techniques such as Unit tests
- AGILE and Waterfall delivery methodologies
Technical Skills Desirable
- Reporting tools (i.e. SSRS/SSIS)
- Broad knowledge of financial processes/mortgage processing
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary delivery teams working with agile methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict management and influencing.
- The demonstrable ability to think creatively to resolve problems and reach effective outcomes.
- Experience working in collaborative, self-organising teams.
- Experience leading and managing offshore and distributed development teams.
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure